When your number is up it is up. When your number is up it is up.
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Posts 1 to 10 of 34
  1. #1

    I Am Legend

    BrilloPad has reached the peak. Play again?


    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    103,624

    Default When your number is up it is up.

    http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/new...cle6479203.ece

    Woman who missed Flight 447 is killed in car crash

    An Italian woman who arrived late for the Air France plane flight that crashed in the Atlantic last week has been killed in a car accident.

    Johanna Ganthaler, a pensioner from Bolzano-Bozen province, had been on holiday in Brazil with her husband Kurt and missed Air France Flight 447 after turning up late at Rio de Janeiro airport on May 31.

    All 228 people aboard lost their lives after the plane crashed into the Atlantic four hours into its flight to Paris.

    The ANSA news agency reported that the couple had managed to pick up a flight from Rio the following day.

    It said that Ms Ganthaler died when their car veered across a road in Kufstein, Austria, and swerved into an oncoming truck. Her husband was seriously injured.

  2. #2

    Godlike

    alreadypacked has more data than eek

    alreadypacked's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Off-shore
    Posts
    5,945

    Default

    A similar thing happened to a cousin of mine, he was a cook on a train Dublin to Cork when he swapped shifts with another cook. Train crashed and the cook was killed, one year later he was asked to change shifts, train crashed and he was killed. When your time is up
    Fiscal nomad it's legal.

  3. #3

    Bazzalike

    cailin maith 's job has never been outsourced

    cailin maith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    24,555

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by alreadypacked View Post
    A similar thing happened to a cousin of mine, he was a cook on a train Dublin to Cork when he swapped shifts with another cook. Train crashed and the cook was killed, one year later he was asked to change shifts, train crashed and he was killed. When your time is up


    Was it the Cherryville crash?
    Bazza gets caught
    Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

    CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

  4. #4

    Godlike like

    SallyAnne is too good to be a permie

    SallyAnne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Sunderland
    Posts
    8,836

    Default

    I dont believe in your time being up at all - it's probably more likely to be psychological effects.

    For example, if you are being followed by a police car, you're more likely to do something stupid.

    If you are being watched while typing, you're more likely to make a mistake.

    If you've just dodged death in quite a spectacular way, I reckon you'd be very superstitious and be "looking" for death. You'd be on edge, and it'd probably be more likely that you'd be in an accident. Do yous not think?

    AP's example is very wierd though - the odds of that are quite extrodinary!!
    The pope is a tard.

  5. #5

    Fingers like lightning

    FSM with Cheddar has no reputation

    FSM with Cheddar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Zummerzet
    Posts
    851

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SallyAnne View Post
    I dont believe in your time being up at all - it's probably more likely to be psychological effects.

    For example, if you are being followed by a police car, you're more likely to do something stupid.

    If you are being watched while typing, you're more likely to make a mistake.

    If you've just dodged death in quite a spectacular way, I reckon you'd be very superstitious and be "looking" for death. You'd be on edge, and it'd probably be more likely that you'd be in an accident. Do yous not think?

    AP's example is very wierd though - the odds of that are quite extrodinary!!
    WSS

    It's refreshing to see some rational though on CUK
    Quote Originally Posted by cailin maith View Post
    Hang on - there is actually a place called Cheddar??

  6. #6

    Godlike

    alreadypacked has more data than eek

    alreadypacked's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Off-shore
    Posts
    5,945

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cailin maith View Post


    Was it the Cherryville crash?
    Yes, I think so, it's a few years ago now. Two crashes, both times the buffet car were badly damaged as they were very old, and too expenses to upgrade/replace at the time.
    Fiscal nomad it's legal.

  7. #7

    Bazzalike

    cailin maith 's job has never been outsourced

    cailin maith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    24,555

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by alreadypacked View Post
    Yes, I think so, it's a few years ago now. Two crashes, both times the buffet car were badly damaged as they were very old, and too expenses to upgrade/replace at the time.
    If it is the cherryville one - it was a long time ago but I remember how horrific it was!

    I'm pretty superstitious and do believe that when it's your time to go, thats it.
    Bazza gets caught
    Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

    CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

  8. #8

    Fingers like lightning

    basshead has no reputation

    basshead's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    :noitacoL
    Posts
    790

    Default

    Final Destination

  9. #9

    Ducklike

    Platypus is NOT a disguised employee

    Platypus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    In the pub
    Posts
    8,911

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by basshead View Post
    Final Destination
    Beat me to it !

  10. #10

    Double Godlike!

    Moscow Mule is too good to be a permie

    Moscow Mule's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    London
    Posts
    10,579

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by basshead View Post
    Final Destination
    Final Destination II
    Final Destination III
    Final Destination IV
    Final Destination V
    Final Destination VI
    .
    .
    .

    Utter, unmitigated tulip.
    ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •