• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

PAC CODE request nightmare from O2 ??

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

funnily enough I had the opposite experience when dealing direct with O2.
    my previous pac expired. I called for another explaining I want to port asap.
    they said they'd sms me the code within 48 hrs (could have been 24, i forget)

...bloke phoned me in about 20 mins and told me what it was
    job done...simples

Comment

Originally posted by eliquant View Post
      PAC CODE request nightmare from O2 / Carphonewarehouse ?
      Carphone Whorehouse
      "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by orcadian View Post
        Calls to 5 different numbers, and a 53-minute nightmare, costing me my lunch hour. But I finally got Customer 'Service' to give me the address you write to for your PAC code. It is:

PAC Requests Ref. 1007
        Carphone Warehouse plc
        P.O. Box 345
        Unit 19
        Southampton, SO30 2NR

You need to give your account number (from your bill) and say you want a PAC code. If Customer Service has given you a disconnection reference - which they did, after I said I was going to put in a complaint - give that too.

CPW will either send you the PAC code in a letter or, if you've supplied a reference, they will text the PAC code to your phone.
        I remember that they gave me the run around big time when I asked for my PAC code.

Reason I asked for the PAC is that one day for my old rubbish nokia 3210, they had increased the Tarrif without my verbal or written permission several times apparently (must have been when those Sales scumbags call up and you say no they still changed your tarrif). Turns out I was originally on a real low usage tarrif 6 years ago £14 / month 90 mins free monthly so they decided to up to wait for it ..... change it to £90 quid per month basic tarrif, scumbags and they caught me out several months before I noticed all on this awful cheap little Nokia phone.

It took alot of complaints and pressure on them to get that address in Southhampton and it took them 9 days not like the industry watch dog ruling 5 days AFTER they received my request via RECORDED DELIVERY (they need it in writing apparently).

Comment

When Carphone Warehouse did that to me I emailed them the OFCOM regulations and told them I was putting in a formal complaint to OFCOM for deliberate obstruction. I also copied this into the recorded delivery letter I sent them.

They subsequently sent me my PAC 5 times by text. One of which was the day after I sent my email but before they would have got my letter.

A quick google search states you need to write in, and then when it's clearly over 48 hours get in touch with OFCOM and they will help. Unfortunately as it's a PO Box address you are going to have to give them 3 working days to acknowledge the recorded delivery letter. (I sent lots of things 1st class recorded delivery to companies without PO Box address and the longest it takes is 3 working days.)

Here's the contact info for OFCOM:
          http://www.ofcom.org.uk/complain/mob...?itemid=286222

BTW No direct operators act like the Carphone Warehouse when giving out a PAC. They will almost give your PAC within a few hours, and regardless of the time taken you won't be given the run around.
          "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Eliquant,

Arent you happy with your current smartphone?

Word of advice. Don't ever deal with the Carphone Warehouse.
            I had Talk Talk broadband (supplied by them). It's a long story, but there were endless calls to India and in the end I complained to OFTEL.

When I transferred my TMobile number to Vodafone, the whole thing was done in a matter of days with no downtime between the switchover.

All I can say is yeaaaaaah, ratfans (private joke)
            'Orwell's 1984 was supposed to be a warning, not an instruction manual'. -
            Nick Pickles, director of Big Brother Watch.

Comment

Its CPW, not O2 ... O2 sent me the PAC code within 12 hrs after request, was very easy to get through too ...

Comment

I sent an hour on the phone to 3 mobile trying to get my pack number, the operative clearly wasn't going to give me it an kept asking my about my tariff, my phone if they could offer me a better deal, why was I leaving etc.... I just kept replying to every question "I am leaving 3 and not interested in any deal, please give, my PAC number"

She eventually relented or got bored of me repeating the same phrase over and over
                "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

I had a fight with 3 as they duplicated my order. They refused to understand why a customer didn't want to pay for two phones when they had only received and were using one.

So after one of their operators threatened me on the phone and they started sending me debt collection letters, I got the regulator involved and also made it very clear that I would be taking them to court if they refused to leave me alone.

I then looked at my credit file a few months later and found they credit checked me twice against an address I didn't live at and told them to remove it, otherwise I would complain to the Information Commissioner. They immediately did.

Hence when I wanted to leave them 9 months later when they asked me why I didn't want to be a customer I suggested they look at the notes on my file and they gave me a PAC immediately.

Strangely I've not had any such problems with O2, Vodafone, T-Mobile or Orange..........

BTW PAC stands for "Porting Authorisation Code" so saying "PAC number" or "PAC code" doesn't make sense.
                  "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Working...
                  X