• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

PC Desktop Options = shyte

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PC Desktop Options = shyte

Ordered a pc off these cowboys last christmas and it didnt work. PC gave a message insert boot disk in drive and press any key. It was supposed to be pre configured at a cost of £25.

Sent it back, eventually got it back and guess what? It says insert boot disk blah blah, blah. So insert a windows xp disk and press enter. Next message is 'no hard drive found, make sure all connection made blah blah blah.

D'ya think the cowboys at PC Desktop Options 'forgot' to install a hard drive?

Avoid like the clap!
    I couldn't give two fornicators! Yes, really!

Originally posted by BolshieBastard View Post
    Ordered a pc off these cowboys last christmas and it didnt work. PC gave a message insert boot disk in drive and press any key. It was supposed to be pre configured at a cost of £25.

Sent it back, eventually got it back and guess what? It says insert boot disk blah blah, blah. So insert a windows xp disk and press enter. Next message is 'no hard drive found, make sure all connection made blah blah blah.

D'ya think the cowboys at PC Desktop Options 'forgot' to install a hard drive?

Avoid like the clap!
    Well, they're called "PC Desktop Options". Maybe the hard disk was an 'option'.

Oooh shyte website too.

Caveat emptor, old chap.

You've come right out the other side of the forest of irony and ended up in the desert of wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by bogeyman View Post
      Well, they're called "PC Desktop Options". Maybe the hard disk was an 'option'.

Oooh shyte website too.

Caveat emptor, old chap.
      Well it was stated in the spec!

But yes, I agree. AVOID!

Comment

I didnt mention originally, when I returned the pc to PC Desktop Option for repair first time, I also returned all the driver discs and monitor connector.

In a letter they sent me, they claim the 'man who unpacked the pc said there were no driver disks returned.' ******* LIAR!

They also said no monitor connector was included as no monitor was ordered. ******* LIARS! That's really funny saying no connector was included because the ATI video card didnt have the standard video pin plug so to connect a monitor to the pc, they HAD to include a special convertor connector.

A total bag of tulip company, PC Desktop Options.

Comment

I just googled "PC Desktop Options" and this thread comes up as second on the result.

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
            I just googled "PC Desktop Options" and this thread comes up as second on the result.
            Yes. CUK is great like that. The Googlebot spends almost as much time here as Sasguru.
            Last edited by bogeyman; 14 June 2009, 18:38. Reason: sp.

You've come right out the other side of the forest of irony and ended up in the desert of wrong.

Comment

"I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
              - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
                Early warning for other potential purchasers!

Comment

Originally posted by BolshieBastard View Post
                  Early warning for other potential purchasers!
                  To be honest though, who in their right mind would buy desktop kit from a shady little outfit like that, rather than buying mainstream (Dell, Hitachi, Fujistu etc.) or doing a self-build?

Penny pinching? God. Desktop PCs are cheap as chips anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by bogeyman View Post
                    To be honest though, who in their right mind would buy desktop kit from a shady little outfit like that, rather than buying mainstream (Dell, Hitachi, Fujistu etc.) or doing a self-build?

Penny pinching? God. Desktop PCs are cheap as chips anyway.

Well to be fair dell started out as a small one man outfit and its wrong to suggest all small one man limited co's are shady outfits. I mean what are we?

No, these cowboys produced a shody pc with even shoddier customer service. Add to that they ******* LIED about the original order and what was returned to them. And, they then returned the pc in the same state that its was returned to them for fixing. So what did they do with it while they had it for 2 weeks, just left it in the box and returned it to me untouched?

**** off PC Desktop Options!

Comment

Working...
                    X