• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The slow decline towards 3rd World living stds

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The slow decline towards 3rd World living stds

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/8100738.stm

A healthcare insurance company based in Kent has asked its employees to choose between job losses and cuts to their pay and conditions.

AXA PPP Healthcare gave staff in Tunbridge Wells a vote on its response to the economic downturn.

The options were laid out in an e-mail "getting us through the recession".

They included cutting 300 jobs and a 10% pay cut. Staff were also asked to pick other money-saving options, such as turning off the air conditioning.

This will be the future. Every year staff can vote either to lose jobs or take large pay cuts and reduced "benefits". So, aircon off or hard toilet paper? No toilet cleaners or 20 to a desk.

Meanwhile India develops its space programme and opens another Bentley dealership.

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/8100738.stm

A healthcare insurance company based in Kent has asked its employees to choose between job losses and cuts to their pay and conditions.

AXA PPP Healthcare gave staff in Tunbridge Wells a vote on its response to the economic downturn.

The options were laid out in an e-mail "getting us through the recession".

They included cutting 300 jobs and a 10% pay cut. Staff were also asked to pick other money-saving options, such as turning off the air conditioning.

This will be the future. Every year staff can vote either to lose jobs or take large pay cuts and reduced "benefits". So, aircon off or hard toilet paper? No toilet cleaners or 20 to a desk.

Meanwhile India develops its space programme and opens another Bentley dealership.
    AXA? FFS - they're a HUGE organisation (and the feckers charge me a fortune for health insurance as well, bastards)

Comment

How about option 3 - sacking the twats on the board who failed to monitor the economic outlook adequately enough to avoid the mess they are in now.

In theory, the health care industry should prosper in a recession as more people get sick. I guess the message is that its customers believe that the service the company provide is not worth the money they pay for it.

PZZ

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
        Well at least we didn't do anything stupid like ship IT abroad at the start of an information technology revolution.

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
          Well at least we didn't do anything stupid like ship IT abroad at the start of an information technology revolution.
          Or sell our gold reserves at the bottom of the market. I mean, what kind of a doofus ... oh, I'm sorry. That was McDoom too.

Comment

.. or asset strip UK PLC ...
            The close proximity of the letters 'G' and 'T' are the reason I'll never again send an important email and end it with "Regards" ....

Comment

Originally posted by Menelaus View Post
              Or sell our gold reserves at the bottom of the market. I mean, what kind of a doofus ... oh, I'm sorry. That was McDoom too.
              And he told everyone he was about to do it too.
              How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
              Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

Originally posted by HairyArsedBloke View Post
                And he told everyone he was about to do it too.
                ..one born every minute...hehe

PZZ

Comment

yep its the muppets at the top

in fact i would put a quid or two on it that the wage cuts are purely to ensure the board meet profit targets and so get their fat cat bonuses

tulip on the little guy they ain't worth nothing

come the revolution etc etc etc

Comment

Will be good for Gordo if we join the 3rd world then we can have Bono round to help us 'dump the debt'.

PZZ

Comment

Working...
                    X