• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

'Huge job cuts' for public sector

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TonyEnglish View Post
    I must admit that I have not been impressed by My GP whenever I have needed to see him. he simply hands out prescriptions for antibiotics. One time my wife was prescribed pain killers which she couldn't take because of her kidney transplant. It was my wife who questioned him about them and he changed the prescription
    There are a lot of bad ones, Yesterday the gf comes home moaning because if you get a swine flu call you are meant to take a pack with swabs, wipes and protective clothing and go to the person's house. Doctor she works with is to lazy he invites the guy into the surgery. Potential to infect 50 folk in the waiting room, 8 doctors, 10 nurses and everyone on the bus there and back. He got a moaning at but realistically nobody can do anything to him. Should I be telling you this?

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
      The ever witty sasguru. A permie in a dead end job.
      As opposed to an unemployed dreamer from Swindon?
      Hard Brexit now!
      #prayfornodeal

Comment

As Adam smith pointed out a long time ago, the level of wages for a job is partly determined by the proportion of people who attempt the job but fail; the more people fail entry qualifications, or drop out during training, the more the successful candidates see their pay boosted.

Obviously these barriers to entry for doctors are substantial, and this is a major factor in the earning power of successful doctors.

In IT, by contrast, it often seems to me that nobody drops out, no matter how intellectually unsuitable they may be.

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
          There are a lot of bad ones, Yesterday the gf comes home moaning because if you get a swine flu call you are meant to take a pack with swabs, wipes and protective clothing and go to the person's house. Doctor she works with is to lazy he invites the guy into the surgery. Potential to infect 50 folk in the waiting room, 8 doctors, 10 nurses and everyone on the bus there and back. He got a moaning at but realistically nobody can do anything to him. Should I be telling you this?
          probably not.

Comment

Originally posted by expat View Post
            As Adam smith pointed out a long time ago, the level of wages for a job is partly determined by the proportion of people who attempt the job but fail; the more people fail entry qualifications, or drop out during training, the more the successful candidates see their pay boosted.

Obviously these barriers to entry for doctors are substantial, and this is a major factor in the earning power of successful doctors.

In IT, by contrast, it often seems to me that nobody drops out, no matter how intellectually unsuitable they may be.
            Does that apply to the public sector too, where demand for services always seems to exceed supply? Not least in medicine where if you cure the beggers they just come down with something else to be cured.

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
              Does that apply to the public sector too, where demand for services always seems to exceed supply? Not least in medicine where if you cure the beggers they just come down with something else to be cured.
              There are barriers to entry too. Someone on this board was complaining about trying to apply for public sector roles but turned down because he/she didn't have any previous offences to be taken into consideration.

I don't care - it's not my money.
              How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
              Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

Originally posted by HairyArsedBloke View Post
                There are barriers to entry too. Someone on this board was complaining about trying to apply for public sector roles but turned down because he/she didn't have any previous offences to be taken into consideration.

I don't care - it's not my money.
                Yeah, I've heard it can be difficult to get IT work in the NHS, but once you have been in once, the barriers come down and then you are on the gravy train.

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
                  He probably thinks that the chances of people being infected in general are high enough anyway and that it will not make any difference whether this chap came to the surgery or not.

Typical Doctor, think they know best and ignores what anyone else tells them....

Comment

Originally posted by Menelaus View Post
                    My GP, God love 'im, has his off days too.
                    I would say that prescribing drugs to somebody who has had a kidney transplant that would cause them to reject the kidney is a bit more than an off day.
                    Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Originally posted by sweetandsour View Post
                      He probably thinks that the chances of people being infected in general are high enough anyway and that it will not make any difference whether this chap came to the surgery or not.

Typical Doctor, think they know best and ignores what anyone else tells them....
                      Would fit in great on CUK then.
                      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                      Originally posted by vetran
                      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Working...
                      X