• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

if you don't like your contract, then what?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do whatever is best interest for your company havign a happy director/employees is good for the company, but having happy satisfied clients is also in the company's best interest!

Comment

Originally posted by contractor79 View Post
      well another recruiter told me about another contract that pays twice my rate and sounds more interesting plus better location

I forsee a lot of this sudden quitting of contracts as contractors who accepted low rates will - of course - jump at the prospect of being offered a rate which is more realistic for the market.

The upshot - dissatisfied client.

Comment

Originally posted by contractor79 View Post
        If you start a 6 month contract then realise after a few weeks you don't like it, what would you do? It's especially hard to move to another one somewhere else if there's a month notice on your side of the deal. Do you just stick it out for 6 months then move on after they refuse to pay you at least £100/day more on renewal?
        Start a big argument with a permie over email, include any heads of department on the cc line. You'll get a call from the agent within a couple of days and immediate termination. This works, trust me.
        You can lead a fool to wisdom but you can't make him think.

Comment

Working...
        X