House price crash House price crash
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Posts 1 to 10 of 22
  1. #1

    Richer than sasguru

    DimPrawn is a fount of knowledge

    DimPrawn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Brexit Britain
    Posts
    34,580

    Default House price crash

    http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/8125728.stm

    UK house prices rose by 0.9% in June, according to the latest survey from the Nationwide building society.

    It said this was the third rise in the past four months, and shrank the annual rate of decline to just 9.3%, from 11.3% in May.

    The increase in prices during the past month means the average home now costs £156,442, which is £15,973 less than a year ago.

    The Nationwide said the stabilisation of prices was a "welcome surprise".

    Since their recent low point in February, of £147,746, average UK house prices as measured by the Nationwide have now risen by £8,696.



    Safe as houses. You can't beat bricks and mortar. House prices only ever go up.

    The BTL brigade must be laughing their rocks off.
    I was miserable and depressed, but CUK turned it all around. Now I'm depressed and miserable.

  2. #2

    Better than AtW

    sasguru - scorchio!


    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    35,972

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DimPrawn View Post
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/8125728.stm

    UK house prices rose by 0.9% in June, according to the latest survey from the Nationwide building society.

    It said this was the third rise in the past four months, and shrank the annual rate of decline to just 9.3%, from 11.3% in May.

    The increase in prices during the past month means the average home now costs £156,442, which is £15,973 less than a year ago.

    The Nationwide said the stabilisation of prices was a "welcome surprise".

    Since their recent low point in February, of £147,746, average UK house prices as measured by the Nationwide have now risen by £8,696.



    Safe as houses. You can't beat bricks and mortar. House prices only ever go up.

    The BTL brigade must be laughing their rocks off.
    Told you so.

  3. #3

    Richer than sasguru

    DimPrawn is a fount of knowledge

    DimPrawn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Brexit Britain
    Posts
    34,580

    Default

    I stupidly thought the worse economic crash since the Great Depression, coupled by massive unemployment, coupled with unsustainable government debt might have made people think twice about paying near peak prices, but it seems that the British public will stop at nothing to buy property.

    Sadly I converted all but my own home to cash, which is sitting awaiting a crash that will never come.

    Never mind.
    I was miserable and depressed, but CUK turned it all around. Now I'm depressed and miserable.

  4. #4

    Contractor Among Contractors

    BlackenedBiker is too good to be a permie

    BlackenedBiker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    PooNania
    Posts
    1,195

    Default

    Patience Skywalker.

    Wait and see.....
    Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death.

    Patience is something you admire in the driver behind you and scorn in the one ahead.

  5. #5

    More fingers than teeth

    minestrone is NOT a disguised employee

    minestrone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    16,077

    Default

    Sold up in Feb 2007, bought again this month. Think I have probably made about 100,000 k

  6. #6

    Banned

    Menelaus has no reputation


    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    3,145

    Default

    I fear that we may be in a W-shape and that this is the calm before the true storm.

    /doom

  7. #7

    Double Godlike!

    Moscow Mule is too good to be a permie

    Moscow Mule's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    London
    Posts
    10,579

    Default

    Bull trap or bull crap? I can't decide...
    ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

  8. #8

    Banned

    KentPhilip is a permanent contractor


    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Stoned again?
    Posts
    3,212

    Default

    No this is a bull trap. Which means that prices go up a bit after the first declines to sucker more people into the market. Then the real decline begins.

    Volumes are very light at the moment. Nobody can afford to sell cos they are in negative equity, and nobody can get a mortgage to buy.
    Soon the dam will break with massive repossessions, and mansions for sale at pennies on the pound.

    Down 25% this time next year.

    http://www.housepricecrash.co.uk

  9. #9

    Contractor Among Contractors

    dang65 has no reputation


    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    1,825

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Menelaus View Post
    I fear that we may be in a W-shape and that this is the calm before the true storm.

    /doom
    That's called "catastrophism". It's not very good for your health you know, although it might get you a job at the BBC.

  10. #10

    My post count is Majestic

    d000hg - scorchio!

    d000hg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    My house
    Posts
    32,104

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by minestrone View Post
    Sold up in Feb 2007, bought again this month. Think I have probably made about 100,000 k
    The same house?!
    Quote Originally Posted by MaryPoppins View Post
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Quote Originally Posted by vetran View Post
    Urine is quite nourishing

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •