• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Referral fee - ever got one?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Referral fee - ever got one?

Has anyone on the planet ever received a referral fee from an agent?

Many years ago I did recommend someone to an agent and he got the gig. I phoned the agency to claim my freebie and they said "He was on our database, so tough luck".

Ever since I have played dumb and not suggested people out of spite.

Do you recommend people?

Have you been paid a referral fee?

Have been refused a referral fee?
    My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Originally posted by RichardCranium View Post
    Has anyone on the planet ever received a referral fee from an agent?

Many years ago I did recommend someone to an agent and he got the gig. I phoned the agency to claim my freebie and they said "He was on our database, so tough luck".

Ever since I have played dumb and not suggested people out of spite.

Do you recommend people?

Have you been paid a referral fee?

Have been refused a referral fee?
    I have in the past linked up a Mate (or a professional collegue of my aquaintence) and a pimp (or a Pimp) for a Role...

The Pimp seemed to have a real role on offer (which he contacted me about).
    PCMA was on the bench.....
    I told Pimp I would pass on his details to PCMA and if he was interested PCMA would be in touch.....
    PCMA did get in touch and did get the gig.......
    I never got (nor expected) so much as a Thank You call from the Pimp.
    PCMA owes me a beer...... because we haven't met up since (in many years)

I would like to think PCMA would do a similar thing for me if the option arose (others have in the past and I am sure will in the future).
    I would fully expect (any) Pimp to act in exactly the same way.....

I wouldn't even try to get into a Refferal Commison because it is totally reliant on trust..... and I know PCMA will buy me the beer if we ever meet up......

Comment

No fee, but I was sent a case of reasonably good wine from a pimp instead.

Comment

Originally posted by realityhack View Post
        No fee, but I was sent a case of reasonably good wine from a pimp instead.
        Same with me.

I also got a three-figure fee on another occasion.

Comment

I got £500 back in 1997.

At the moment I am cashing a cheque from an agent for £500. I wish to recommend the agent very highly : I will vote for him in the cuk end of year awards.

Comment

Working...
          X