• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

More RyanAir news: Standing room only!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MPwannadecentincome View Post
    I would like to know how this will ever get past health and safety.

Comment

Why not make the pilots stand too.
      After all you can drive a milk float standing up

Comment

I suppose passengers will push the airplane out to the runway next.
        McCoy: "Medical men are trained in logic."
        Spock: "Trained? Judging from you, I would have guessed it was trial and error."

Comment

Originally posted by KentPhilip View Post
          Why not make the pilots stand too.
          After all you can drive a milk float standing up
          Pilots they cost far too much. Get the passengers to fly the plane themselves.

Thomas Cook have shown the way by getting the passgengers to fix the plane for them http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/...st/8136193.stm

Comment

Originally posted by lilelvis2000 View Post
            I suppose passengers will push the airplane out to the runway next.
            aeroplane

From last night's NewsJack:

"Yes, you DO need to pay a surcharge. What you have, sir, is a ticket for a 'plane, not a flight. That only entitles you to get on, not to go anywhere."
            My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

Originally posted by swamp View Post
              You're not allowed to stand on the top deck of a bus, but you're allowed to stand up in a plane travelling 500mph?
              No, that's the point. The Civil Aviation Authorities would never allow it, there are regulations governing the max number of passengers on types of aicraft.

He's hit on a method of getting heaps of free publicity via the news media and interweb.
              You've got to admire the sheer balls of the bloke for running such a campaign.

Comment

Originally posted by TykeMerc View Post
                No, that's the point. The Civil Aviation Authorities would never allow it, there are regulations governing the max number of passengers on types of aicraft.

He's hit on a method of getting heaps of free publicity via the news media and interweb.
                You've got to admire the sheer balls of the bloke for running such a campaign.
                I do believe these regulations are based upon how long it takes to evacuate the aircraft in an emergency.

Seems plausible then that if more exits are put on the plane then more passengers can be packed in.

Whether it can go as far as making all passengers stand is another matter, yes there is all free publicity and all that but the scope is there for the future - watch out anyone who pays the £1 fare - you might end up standing
                This default font is sooooooooooooo boring and so are short usernames

Comment

I do believe these regulations are based upon how long it takes to evacuate the aircraft in an emergency.

Seems plausible then that if more exits are put on the plane then more passengers can be packed in.

Whether it can go as far as making all passengers stand is another matter, yes there is all free publicity and all that but the scope is there for the future - watch out anyone who pays the £1 fare - you might end up standing
                  Not entirely on the evacuation time plus it's not like you can just fit a couple of new exits with a Black & Decker jigsaw, couple of brass hinges and a dab of paint

There are things like turbulence, O2 masks, seatbelts, number of toilets, floor loading, luggage space, fuel loading, wing loading etc etc etc to consider.

Ok he's a tit, but his advertising has reached millions and cost absolutely sod all so he's a clever tit

Comment

Originally posted by TykeMerc View Post
                    Not entirely on the evacuation time plus it's not like you can just fit a couple of new exits with a Black & Decker jigsaw, couple of brass hinges and a dab of paint

There are things like turbulence, O2 masks, seatbelts, number of toilets, floor loading, luggage space, fuel loading, wing loading etc etc etc to consider.

Ok he's a tit, but his advertising has reached millions and cost absolutely sod all so he's a clever tit
                    Which presumably is why he is saying - to add some credibility to his story - that he is discussing this with Boeing!

Turbulence - I have seen somewhere (can't remember where) some design of a standing podium with a belt to constrain standing passengers sufficient to withstand turbulence. I think this story came out whilst the speculation of how the A380 was going to be kitted out was doing the rounds?

Seatbelts - not necessary as there are no seats.

Luggage space is not an issue - RyanAir will charge a bomb to carry any so most people won't. And with no luggage / cargo underneath, fuel and wing loading should not be an issue either.

Same for toilets - no-one will be willing to spend a penny.

Floor loading - probably not a big thing on a new aircraft.

All in all - not something I would consider doing - I won't even fly RyanAir with the seats!
                    This default font is sooooooooooooo boring and so are short usernames

Comment

I'm amazed that there hasn't been a mahoosive crash of a Ryanair aircraft as yet.

Comment

Working...
                      X