• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

I can only apologise!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I can only apologise!

Who would've thought it could happen to the same guy three years running. I have hold my hands up and apologise unreservedly for the sudden downturn in the weather.

In 2007 and 2008 we had a week or so of sun, then I got the big oscillating fan out of the loft and, well, the rest is meteorological history; two of the wettest summers in recent years.

I held off as long as I could this time, honest, but I was getting a sweaty crevice, so on Saturday I succumbed and liberated the beast from the loft. The clouds have been getting darker ever since, and the rain is beating down so hard it makes your head bleed (so, some sort of hat is in order (© Blackadder II)).

Ah well, roll on next spring, eh?

Once again, sorry, sorry, sorry, sorry

The vegetarian option.

Our garden swing bench has been in bits in the garden since we moved in. It needed weatherprrofing before we could erect it.

At the weekend, the Mrs put her foot down and so it got weatherproofed. It's a serious piece of furniture and takes a lot of painting. It took about four hours.

We finished painting it Sunday evening.

The instructions say "do not allow to get wet for 24 hours".

Originally posted by wobbegong View Post
    Once again, sorry, sorry, sorry, sorry
    WHS. I thought it was all our fault.
    My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

Originally posted by RichardCranium View Post
      WHS. I thought it was all our fault.
      So I have permission to blame both of you then? Ok... to h*ll with you guys... how dare you ruin my summer!!!!
      Last edited by pmeswani; 7 July 2009, 08:03.
      If your company is the best place to work in, for a mere £500 p/d, you can advertise here.

Comment

Originally posted by pmeswani View Post
        So I have permission to blame both of you then? Ok... to h*ll with you guys... how dare you ruin my summer!!!!
        From the look of your avatar, you don't venture out much anyway.

The vegetarian option.

Comment

I thought weather getting better next week?

Comment

I hope so, we're going on our first proper holiday with our baby.
            Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
              I hope so, we're going on our first proper holiday with our baby.
              How you can include proper holiday and baby is same sentenance is beyond me!

Where are you going?

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                How you can include proper holiday and baby is same sentenance is beyond me!

Where are you going?
                The Jurassic coast.

I'll be putting the fossils on ebay when I return.
                Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Originally posted by wobbegong View Post
                  From the look of your avatar, you don't venture out much anyway.

Nah - he's always out and about, they arrange a little minibus to pick him and his friends up. The seats have extra straps.

FWIW, that's the most disturbing avatar I've seen in a long time.

Comment

My vegtable patch is doing very well thank you. I am enjoying the weather. its better when its like this as my office is cooler. When that heat wave was on I was seriously considering turning everything off as it was like an oven.
                    McCoy: "Medical men are trained in logic."
                    Spock: "Trained? Judging from you, I would have guessed it was trial and error."

Comment

Working...
                    X