• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Only in the UK!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Menelaus View Post
    True.

This would place us on the slippery slope towards (potentially) eugenics. That having been said, I think I would support the proposition that only persons of a certain level of educational achievement should be allowed to drop sprogs: in doing so we'd raise the level of intelligence in the country over the course of a couple of hundred years.
    Alternatively, remove the children from the failing single parents and place them with middle class folks who have failed with IVF.
    ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Originally posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
      With some it is almost a family franchise with 2 or 3 generations and siblings all on the same street or estate.
      One of my daughters mates is in this position. She was knocked up while at school and now at the age of almost 17 has a little boy. She lives with her mum who herself was a teenage mum. In the street she has cousins aunites and uncles etc The whole place is one inbred chav fest.
      Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

For years I have been advocating a solution to may problems.

Everyone should be sterilised at birth.

Once you have passed the relevant social skills and parenting skills exams, you become entitled for the reversal operation.

But nobody seems to like my solution.
        My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

Mrs Gunman works in this area. Not this particular scheme, but with disafected people in general.
          By far the biggest cause of teen pregnancies she sees is due to the fact that these girls can jump the council house queue. Single mums are a priority.
          The high risk group are at the lower end of the social and educational scale. They have few prospects other than a life on the dole. Many have multiple sprogs because that gets them off the council estates as the council houses on the estates are often 2 or 3 roomers.
          With some it is almost a family franchise with 2 or 3 generations and siblings all on the same street or estate.

How to solve this is a bit of an issue.
          My young nephew was going out with a girl who obviously worked this out. After she left school, she got a job in Woolworths. She obviously didn't like that, so she left it after a few days and soon along came an unexpected pregnancy, followed by a council house etc. I doubt if she's planning to work ever again.

I am lost in admiration: it took her about 4 days to come up with an effective Plan B, I haven't managed it yet.

Comment

Mrs Gunman works in this area. Not this particular scheme, but with disafected people in general.
            By far the biggest cause of teen pregnancies she sees is due to the fact that these girls can jump the council house queue. Single mums are a priority.
            The high risk group are at the lower end of the social and educational scale. They have few prospects other than a life on the dole. Many have multiple sprogs because that gets them off the council estates as the council houses on the estates are often 2 or 3 roomers.

How to solve this is a bit of an issue.

I agree with Mrs Gunman and have been saying it for years, but the PC brigade simply refuse to believe commonsense.

Comment

Originally posted by RichardCranium View Post
              For years I have been advocating a solution to may problems.

Everyone should be sterilised at birth.

Once you have passed the relevant social skills and parenting skills exams, you become entitled for the reversal operation.

But nobody seems to like my solution.

That was James Wales's idea. Are you him ?

By the way, I like your idea James.

Comment

Originally posted by TonyEnglish View Post
                One of my daughters mates is in this position.
                I read that as "One of my daughters mates in this position"

I was going to ask how you know what position she mates in

Comment

Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post
                  Alternatively, remove the children from the failing ... parents and place them with middle class folks ...
                  This was tried in Oz with the Abos, I understand.
                  Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Working...
                  X