• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

I am Outside Of IR35 - Now how does this reduce my tax?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am Outside Of IR35 - Now how does this reduce my tax?

Ok - I ve read a lot on this forum on IR35 and my contract is outside of iR35.

My question is how does this help tax???

I understand you pay yourself minimum wage a year and take the rest as dividends but you still do pay 40% tax on these dividends? Is that correct?

Is the only benefit not paying NI contributions?

http://www.contractoruk.com/calculat...d-tax-calc.php

Comment

Thanks - So dividend tax is 32.5% and not 40%....

Is this the right way to read this?

Comment

http://www.beersandideas.com/blog/wp...08/12/rtfm.png
        Still Invoicing

Comment

Originally posted by joey122 View Post
          Ok - I ve read a lot on this forum on IR35
          ...but understood little.
          Is the only benefit not paying NI contributions?
          No.
          Thanks - So dividend tax is 32.5% and not 40%....

Is this the right way to read this?
          no.
          Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

You clearly have not understood what it is all about.
            Dont think about being IR35 exempt as saving you money think about being caught as a cost.

If you are caught then 95% of your companies income is regarded as your income and as such is taxable. It is deemed to contain both sets of NI contributions and income tax. Obviously your business does not make a profit so you reduce your corp tax bill accordingly.
            I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
            Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
              ...but understood little.No.no.
              Jees - Thanks.

Welcome to a friendly forum.

Comment

Originally posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
                You clearly have not understood what it is all about.
                Dont think about being IR35 exempt as saving you money think about being caught as a cost.

If you are caught then 95% of your companies income is regarded as your income and as such is taxable. It is deemed to contain both sets of NI contributions and income tax. Obviously your business does not make a profit so you reduce your corp tax bill accordingly.
                Thanks for this - Is there a sticky which actually sets out how this is done.

Comment

A sticky? There's more to this contracting lark than can be stuffed on a post-it note. Or in one thread. I suggest you read the "First Timers Guide" on this site, then read it again, then come back and post.
                  ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

There are lots of explanations on the web for IR35. Over there on the right in the CUK Nav panel for example. You might also look at the PCG web site or shout99 for other and similar advice.

As for the "friendly" welcome. A lot of newbies fet short shrift. Maybe it is unfriendly, but the old grizzled and twisted members here get fed up of being asked for hard earned knowledge and free advice, particularly when it seems the person asking hasnt exactly made a lot of effort.
                    It also helps if you dont post in general. General is a zoo.
                    I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
                    Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

Working...
                    X