• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Moaning jealous permies!(rant)

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by zamzummim View Post
    Errrrr, sounds like you are the one who is jelous !!
    no Im not jealous at all, I pays my money I takes my chances and Im quite happy doing so, I trade the perks of permydom for an improved short term daily rate, they choose otherwise but go green at the gills when they see they see £ signs

Comment

Originally posted by badgerpig View Post
      no Im not jealous at all, I pays my money I takes my chances and Im quite happy doing so, I trade the perks of permydom for an improved short term daily rate, they choose otherwise but go green at the gills when they see they see £ signs
      Is that because whenever they ask for change you say "sorry I only have £50 notes"?

Comment

Originally posted by Zippy View Post
        Aw come on - where else can he let off steam?
        In his hot-tub, drinking champagne, bought with all the money he earns
        Originally posted by MaryPoppins
        I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
        Originally posted by vetran
        Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

I get the anti contractor tulipe where I am. Water off a ducks back.

"Flamin' contractors come in here sick, just cos the don't want to lose pay, and make us all ill"

etc etc
          Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

I am absoultely pig sick of moaning jealous permies who are infinitely happy when they're clocking up a company pension on a sunny summer bank holiday day off or when they're taking 3 weeks paid holiday in Australia or taking endless "duvet day" sickies as they're feeling so tired and a bit under the weather after so many free training courses and strenuous career development from their hand holding rse wiping HR managers, then as soon as they see that the scum of the earth, lowest of the low, temp, hired help, excluded, ostracised, 7 days notice contractors are on a justifiably higher rate than they are the green eyed monster rears its ugly head!

FFS Permies if you think its that easy take the plunge and stop whinging!
            madmad

aaaaaaaannnnnd relax

sorry

Here here!
            If they are public sector permies you must point out that you are actually cheaper than them as their pension pots will cost the taxpayer about £1 million each even for middle grade techies.

Comment

Permies if you think its that easy take the plunge and stop whinging!
              It is human nature.

We have a need to maintain our own self-worth so that we can motivate ourselves to maintain our place in the pecking order.

Permies know they are in a poor position: shat upon with no control over their destiny.

To big themselves up and maintain their poor, deflated ego, they have to identify someone on a lower peg and humiliate them. Hence they patronise the cleaners, security staff and receptionists.

Contractors are outside this pecking order and cannot be humiliated with patronisation; it won't wash.

So instead they try to belittle us by saying our worth is over-estimated.

Take pity on the poor permies, it is the only tool they have.

I find comments like "Don't feel bad that you are stuck in a permie role. Some of us can do contracting and some of us, well, aren't in that place. Just be glad you know where you'll be working next week." makes them become human again. If that doesn't work there's:

"Have you any idea how much it costs to maintain a yacht in the Med? That's where most of my money seems to go. That and the villa. If it wasn't for the free flights we get on our Air Miles I really don't know how I'd make ends meet while still topping up my share portfolio pension investments."
              Last edited by RichardCranium; 29 July 2009, 09:31. Reason: Sew menny trypo's
              My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

Working...
              X