• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Jeremey Clarkson.....

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by realityhack View Post
    Erm, did you not get the car checked out by a mechanic before you bought it? Doesn't the AA offer this service for a small fee?
    Guilty has charged ! Usually buy from a car supermarket, 2 - 3 yr old cars. The electronics all looked fine on test driving - no warning lights etc and the AA wouldn't be able to test for those.

Would they have picked up on the later MOT issues ? - the MOT had 8 months to run when I bought it.

Comment

Originally posted by foritisme View Post
      Guilty has charged ! Usually buy from a car supermarket, 2 - 3 yr old cars. The electronics all looked fine on test driving - no warning lights etc and the AA wouldn't be able to test for those.

Would they have picked up on the later MOT issues ? - the MOT had 8 months to run when I bought it.
      Haven't used the service myself, but I'd imagine the basics would be covered, with an estimate of the cost to repair. Someone else should be able to comment on this.

Comment

From the AA site http://www.theaa.com/motoring-advice...spections.html

Choose from our inspection options

Prices depend on engine size and type of vehicle.
        Comprehensive pre-purchase inspection
        • full inspection of the vehicle's body, paintwork, interior, visible mechanical and electrical components and equipment
        • includes a 10-mile road test, multi-page written report and verbal report
        This comprehensive inspection is available for vehicles up to 15 years old.
        Basic inspection
        • inspection and checks on mechanical and vehicle operations, and previous accident damage
        • full vehicle safety check and road test, verbal report and multi-page written report
        A basic inspection is not available for vehicles over eight years old, four-wheel-drive vehicles or any vehicle on a total-loss register.

Comment

Working...
        X