• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Comfort Food

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ice cream & fruit - great suggestions.

Sweets that are easy to eat and not too strongly flavoured - your blood sugar levels will drop along with your appetite.

Any foods that are fairly easy to prepare and bland. Even smoked bacon made me feel like I wanted to throw up. Garlic Chilli strong flavours all a no-no with the nausea you'll feel.

So, micro-ready-meals, bread, peanut butter, (normal) bacon, bland cheese (like edam), crisps that won't knacker your throat (twiglets were a mistake), PLENTY OF FLUIDS - orange juice, cordial etc.

Comment

I wasn't really able to eat. A little bit of ice cream, ribena... not much else...

Comment

Oh yes - there will be a couple of days where you really won't be able to stomach a meal. Eat well beforehand.

You might see it on the way out, you might not. Take a gamble.

Comment

How often do you guys get flu and stuff like sore throats? Every year?

Comment

Apart from the other week - maybe 4 years ago.

Comment

You just need to stock pile the two main essential vitamins, gravy and custard.

Comment

With apologies to whoever I stole this from:

Cured Ham - it's the antidote

Comment

Fruit smoothies and chocolate.
                  ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

Originally posted by realityhack View Post
                    Oh yes - there will be a couple of days where you really won't be able to stomach a meal. Eat well beforehand.

You might see it on the way out, you might not. Take a gamble.
                    Crikey, I honestly don't remember *ever* losing my appetite, not even slightly, when I've had flu or anything else. If I'm ever off my food, I'll know I'm really in trouble.
                    Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
                      How often do you guys get flu and stuff like sore throats? Every year?
                      I can guarantee that I'll get a bad head cold if I'm forced to work in a stuffy office.
                      Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

Working...
                      X