• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Cyclist jailed for pavement death

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cyclist jailed for pavement death

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/dorset/8197430.stm

Bring it on ... hopefully it'll serve as an example to all the mindless chavs that fly past me on the pavement every single day. Then again...

Seems to me 75% of cyclists are considerate. 25% are total nutcases who once got cut up by a car so now seem to think that pedestrians are fair game.

I hope the f**kers get run over by a 4WD.

I am sure threaded is one of the 75% who are the good guys.....

Comment

I'm adamant I'm one of the good guys. I (almost) always obey the highway code when cycling - rare occasions being to cut across a park when it's not busy or breaking a speed limit here and there (it can be done on a bike). But I never run lights or hop onto the pavement to avoid junctions. Those that do deserve a nasty accident.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
        Seems to me 75% of cyclists are considerate. 25% are total nutcases who once got cut up by a car so now seem to think that pedestrians are fair game.

I am sure threaded is one of the 75% who are the good guys.....
        Must be. A car couldn't get past him to cut him up.

Comment

I have been knocked down twice by cyclists, once on the pavement, once on a Pelican crossing.

It is the only purpose for an in-town 4WD, but it's a good one.
          My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

I wonder why they didn't charge him with Manslaughter.

His own avoidable reckless negligence brought about the death of another person.

Comment

In other news

A cyclist who killed a pedestrian when he knocked him over on a pavement in Cornwall avoids a jail term

Cyclist fined after collision death

Comment

I shoved a bloke off his bike when he passed by me at speed recently whilst on the pavement.

Don't really care about kids or someone moving slowly with the pedestrians but you get fat twats moving at speed on pavements oblivious to the fact that a child could run out of a driveway and get killed.

Comment

I dont agree with what this guy did, but Have you tried cycling on any busy roads in the UK?

Motorists rarely give you enough room, would rather knock a cyclist off than wait until safe to pass. They often overtake a cyclist only to dangerously turn left or stop dead infront of the cyclists path. And many motorists don't mind veturing onto pavements to undertake or sometimes even park!
                  The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
                    I dont agree with what this guy did, but Have you tried cycling on any busy roads in the UK?

Motorists rarely give you enough room, would rather knock a cyclist off than wait until safe to pass. They often overtake a cyclist only to dangerously turn left or stop dead infront of the cyclists path. And many motorists don't mind veturing onto pavements to undertake or sometimes even park!
                    Have you ever tried walking on a pavement that has cyclists on it? They hardly ever give you room, they goo far to fast and far too close and quite often stop dead, and drop their machine in your way, because they want to go into a shop (Not so long ago I kicked a bike into the road that had done just that. Owner, a lycra-clad nerd with a funny hat, wasn't best pleased for some reason). One of them even rang his bell at me the other day to make sure I knew he was coming straight at me. Oddly enough, I didn't get out of his way but made him - oh horrors - get on the sodding road where he belonged.

Seriously, life sucks, Learn to live with it. You don't justify your bad behaviour by using other people's.
                    Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Working...
                    X