• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Job Market

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lumiere View Post
    Why can't you put 45 y.o. in your CV, are there any consequences if they ever find out ? You may also remove some old / irrelevant experience from your CV to make it look lighter and easier for agents to digest.
    There is only one employer worse that the one discriminating on the age. The one who cannot figure out how old you are by adding years of experience and education.
    I've seen much of the rest of the world. It is brutal and cruel and dark, Rome is the light.

Comment

Originally posted by Francko View Post
      The one who cannot figure out how old you are by adding years of experience and education.
      No education on my CV, too old now for it to be relevant
      Any work over 10 to 12 years old is no longer on my CV as it's not relevant anymore (10 in I.T. is like 20 years outside IT imo)

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
        Hey guys - why not just learn something that's common as tulip (like Excel) inside out. Then get any office job going, for the time being, at whatever rate.
        Surely that's better than not working.
        http://www.itjobswatch.co.uk/contrac...20developer.do

Average daily rate of £450 for excel developers
        Coffee's for closers

Comment

Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
          http://www.itjobswatch.co.uk/contrac...20developer.do

Average daily rate of £450 for excel developers
          Boomed!
          I've seen much of the rest of the world. It is brutal and cruel and dark, Rome is the light.

Comment

Originally posted by Not So Wise View Post
            No education on my CV, too old now for it to be relevant
            Any work over 10 to 12 years old is no longer on my CV as it's not relevant anymore (10 in I.T. is like 20 years outside IT imo)
            I've seen jobserve ads for Snr Project Managers and Programme Managers wanting a degree 2:2 minimum, like WFT that was 25 years ago?
            This default font is sooooooooooooo boring and so are short usernames

Comment

Working...
            X