• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

I don't do ill

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't do ill

But lately I've been feeling a bit rough. So have the kids. They have been quite rough at night, fever, runs, aches and pains. I was running a little hot for the last couple of days, but paracetamol held that at bay. Achy and a bit chesty.

I'm alright when I get going, but when I stop I just ache and feel crap. Getting up in the morning is quite difficult as you ache and feel fatigued, but then you get going again.

It's like flu, only about 1/10th the potency.

Could it be ..... ? I thought people died or felt really crap from this swine flu. I've not even been anywhere near a chutney spoon.

Or am I just making a fuss?
    Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Nope that sounds like the old H1N1 mate

Comment

I felt like that on Monday, a hot jalfrezi and a fair whack of decent bourbon along with a good nights sleep and I was right as rain (what an odd saying?)
      The proud owner of 125 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

get some serious sleep in before you start your new gig!
        This default font is sooooooooooooo boring and so are short usernames

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
          I'm alright when I get going, but when I stop I just ache and feel crap. Getting up in the morning is quite difficult as you ache and feel fatigued, but then you get going again.

It's like flu, only about 1/10th the potency.
          Been feeling like that for a week or so, just emerging from the worst of it now although still feeling a bit tired despite some early nights.
          Where are we going? And what’s with this hand basket?

Comment

Good man, bringing H1N1 to new client

All the permies will stay home and the clientco easily sees the value of a half ill contractor who still comes into the office.

Sneaky plan.
            "Condoms should come with a free pack of earplugs."

Comment

Just went to the chemists to get a new themometer, calpol etc as the kids are still rough. I asked her if swine flu could be mild (as people have told me they have had mild swine flu). She said categorically no. Then gave me a withering look, and said "If you are not in bed with a raging fever, wanting to die, you do not have swine flu".

So that's official. The pharmacist's assistant at Lloyds pharmacy in Stopsley says so.
              Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Originally posted by chef View Post
                I felt like that on Monday, a hot jalfrezi and a fair whack of decent bourbon along with a good nights sleep and I was right as rain (what an odd saying?)
                Funny that. On occasion, I've had the beginnings of 'flu or cold-like symptoms. Drank up to half a bottle of whisky. Next day, right as rain.

( Of course, now I've full blown cirrhosis, but I've managed to get myself down to 3 colds a week ).
                Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
                  Funny that. On occasion, I've had the beginnings of 'flu or cold-like symptoms. Drank up to half a bottle of whisky. Next day, right as rain.
                  Me too.

Maybe it's just the heat and humidity - Although it's often overcast or patchy, we are in the height of summer.
                  Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Working...
                  X