• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Abdelbaset Ali al-Megrahi

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Abdelbaset Ali al-Megrahi

Should he be released?

Incidently his wife just stays up the road from me, protected by spooks.

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
    Should he be released?

Incidently his wife just stays up the road from me, protected by spooks.
    He should never have been jailed in the first place.

The media seem to have quietly forgotten that originally Syria (or Syrian perps, even if not officially sanctioned) were the prime suspect for the Lockerbie bombing until just prior to Gulf War 1, whereupon the blame suddenly switched to Libya and the Yanks became best friends with Syria which was handy for the invasion of Kuwait and Southern Iraq.

For example, see here :

In the first three years following the bombing, before a shred of evidence had been produced to incriminate Libya, the Dumfries and Galloway police, the FBI and several other intelligence services around the world all shared the belief that the Lockerbie bombers belonged to the Popular Front for the Liberation of Palestine General Command (PFLP-GC), a Palestinian rejectionist organisation backed by Iran. The PFLP-GC is headed by Ahmed Jibril, a former Syrian army captain; its headquarters are in Damascus and it is closely allied with the Syrian president and other senior Syrian officials. In the 1970s and 1980s the PFLP-GC carried out a number of raids against Israel, including a novel hang-glider assault launched from inside Lebanon. Lawyers, intelligence services and diplomats around the world continue to suspect that Jibril – who has even boasted that he is responsible – was behind Lockerbie.
    Last edited by OwlHoot; 13 August 2009, 21:18.
    Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

I don't think we will ever know the truth, I don't think he did it either, the whole Malta clothes shop thing was a joke. I would put my house on that he was not even involved.

What gets on my goat is all these yanks telling the Scottish people we are in the wrong but did they ever convict anyone for shooting down that Iranian plane?

Comment

Working...
      X