• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Contractors' Graveyard

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mace View Post
    £1000.00?
    If at first you don't succeed...

Comment

Originally posted by fckvwls View Post
      100,000 Zimbabwe Dollars?
      And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by fckvwls View Post
        Do anything, but don't go permie.
        And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

I did that (succumbed to the Darkside !) and regret it ! Promise of training, blah...blah, and career progression and the prospect of a Quote "hugely successful company" and now... been put on a four day week and 20% Pay cut

Comment

Not long ago on one of my bigger gigs one of the permie managers there said to me "you know what Chris, if you stick in hard and keep your nose clean then who knows, there may be a perm job here for you too"...

I had to really think hard and concentrate to not reply "Why would I want to work for less than half the money in a place full of nob-sacks whilst giving it the old 'career laughs' @ your s**t jokes/comments".

My actual reply was "well I prefer contracting for 'tax reasons', but it's kind of you to offer that suggestion".

It didn't wash very well with her.

Thankfully a week later for reasons unknown she was replaced with another work-shy/delegator/wage collector and I survived a few more extensions.
            The cycle of life: born > learn > work > learn > dead.

Comment

Working...
            X