• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

West Brompton

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Actually you could walk the whole thing very pleasantly, via Bloomsbury, Marylebone, Mayfair, stop for a picnic in Hyde Park, then down Sloane Street through Chelsea and finish with a riverside stroll. 2.5 hours tops.

Comment

Originally posted by Bright Spark View Post
      probably easier to just get a taxi, you are a contractor after all.
      Book a Virgin* bike.

Unless you're going in the middle of the night going from KingsX to West Brompton in a taxi will probably take longer than going from Newcastle to KingsX**

* you don't have to be a virgin to use them.
      ** slight exaggeration.
      ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Originally posted by chef View Post
        exactly

http://journeyplanner.tfl.gov.uk

they say take picadilly line from Kings Cross to Earls Court, Change to District Line and get off at West Brompton

max journey time 25mins

HTH
        WChefS.

Or if the Picadilly Line has delays: Victoria Line to Victoria, Change to the District Line to West Brompton
        King of Chutney.

Bring back Chetty - Lord of all things Chet!

Comment

Originally posted by thunderlizard View Post
          Actually you could walk the whole thing very pleasantly, via Bloomsbury, Marylebone, Mayfair, stop for a picnic in Hyde Park, then down Sloane Street through Chelsea and finish with a riverside stroll. 2.5 hours tops.
          What, no pub stops? Shame on you.
          King of Chutney.

Bring back Chetty - Lord of all things Chet!

Comment

Au contrere. You could do it in an hour and a quarter flat out. I just doubled it for appropriate pub, cafe, shopping and picnic stops.

Comment

I agree with the others and would suggest that you get the tube to Earls Court and walk from there.

Be careful when you leave Earls Court station though because there are two separate exits, one on the east side and one on the west side. This can be very confusing if you are a bit pissed and don't know the area well.

Comment

probably easier to just get a taxi, you are a contractor after all.
                Taxi? Please, let's keep up some contracting standards around here.
                And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
                  What carp!

It's much simpler to get the Piccadilly line straight from Kings Cross to Earls Court, and then either walk 100 yards up Warwick Road or get the District line to West Brompton, which is the next stop from Earls Court.
                  take the piccaddilly line to earls court, it's only a short walk from there.
                  Originally posted by thunderlizard View Post
                  Piccadilly line out west.
                  Possibly just get off at Earls Court then walk; or change for District Line.
                  Originally posted by chef View Post
                  exactly

http://journeyplanner.tfl.gov.uk

they say take picadilly line from Kings Cross to Earls Court, Change to District Line and get off at West Brompton

max journey time 25mins

HTH
                  Originally posted by MrToast View Post
                  WChefS.

Or if the Picadilly Line has delays: Victoria Line to Victoria, Change to the District Line to West Brompton

So in summary...I'm to get the Circle line to Paddington?

Thanks guys. Thetrainline has turned into a right pile of sh*te of late.

Oh, and thanks Owlhoot
                  The pope is a tard.

Comment

Wot no thanks?
                    The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Originally posted by SallyAnne View Post
                      So in summary...I'm to get the Circle line to Paddington?
                      No. Use the Piccadilly line. It will be quicker.

In the centre of London the circle and the district lines have lots of stations not very far apart on them. For that reason the journeys on them take too long.

Comment

Working...
                      X