• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

3 hours in Swindon - what to do?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

3 hours in Swindon - what to do?

I find myself in the unenviable position of having to fill 3 hours in central Swindon on Monday. I have a meeting at 11.00 and another at 16.00.

It would take me longer to drive home and back, than to stick around.

Any suggestions from those who know the town on what to do? I shall probably want some food and a pint, but other than that, would like to sample what Swindon has to offer.

What's the 'Steam' museum like? Any good?

You've come right out the other side of the forest of irony and ended up in the desert of wrong.

Visit DimPrawn's mansion, it should take at least 3 hours to see every room.
    ǝןqqıʍ

Comment

Originally posted by DiscoStu View Post
      Bollocks. Beat me to it.

Go to Wootton Bassett. At the moment there are coffins going through there every day.

RIP, lads.

Comment

Originally posted by DiscoStu View Post
        It would take 3 hours just to see his sock drawer.

You've come right out the other side of the forest of irony and ended up in the desert of wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by bogeyman View Post
          It would take 3 hours just to see his sock drawer.
          ǝןqqıʍ

Comment

http://www.jasperfforde.com/swindon/7wonders.html

Come and see the 7 wonders of Swindon.

Comment

I think Chetty and Swastika live in Swindon. Praps you could get together with them and DP and go for a curry? Take your own spoon mind.
              Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
                http://www.jasperfforde.com/swindon/7wonders.html

Come and see the 7 wonders of Swindon.

Comment

Ahhh come on. Some serious suggestions would be welcome.

Comment

Bogeyman posted : 3 hours in Swindon - what to do?
                    Leave
                    Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C.S. Lewis

Comment

Working...
                    X