More red tape - Will these busibodies never stop? More red tape - Will these busibodies never stop?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Posts 1 to 10 of 23

More fingers than teeth

OwlHoot - scorchio!

Default More red tape - Will these busibodies never stop?

Now they want to effectively ban children from appearing on TV

New laws could mean children disappear from TV, say broadcasters

Children could disappear from our television screens if the Government decides to press ahead with plans to tighten regulations covering their appearance in entertainment, broadcasters claim.

The Department for Children, Schools and Families is putting the finishing touches to proposals aimed at clarifying the rules governing reality shows such as Britain’s Got Talent and Boys and Girls Alone, which campaigners claim can cause children unnecessary distress.

The television industry is braced for a fierce battle with children’s charities and the Government over the proposals, which will suggest that programme makers must obtain a licence from a local council virtually every time they want to include a child in a television show. Councils also want the power to do spot checks on production sets.

The department originally intended to publish proposals last week, but last-minute submissions by broadcasters have forced it to delay. The head of one production company said: “You’ve got a whole range of people who want a super-nanny state where kids aren’t even allowed to watch television, let alone work on it. This debate will be acrimonious, to say the least.”
    Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Contractor Among Contractors

stackpole has no reputation

No children should ever be shown on TV. That will stop all those paedo's sat at home lechering over them.

Same principle as stopping parents taking photos or videos of school plays or sports days.

Super poster

pmeswani has more data than eek

Quote Originally Posted by stackpole View Post
    No children should ever be shown on TV. That will stop all those paedo's sat at home lechering over them.

Same principle as stopping parents taking photos or videos of school plays or sports days.
    Next you will say that kids shouldn't go to school or be seen on streets.... just in case a paedo's has a hidden camera which will take pictures of them and use it for their own entertainment.
    If your company is the best place to work in, for a mere £500 p/d, you can advertise here.

Super Tramp

RichardCranium has more data than eek

Quote Originally Posted by pmeswani View Post
    Next you will say that kids shouldn't ... be seen on streets
    Except for drugged-up, knife-wielding hoodies, when do you ever see kids out of doors any more?

More time posting than coding

TinTrump has no reputation

Quote Originally Posted by stackpole View Post

It has become this government's unstated aim that we should always assume the worst in people. My belief is that this is a symptom of any party that has a prolonged period in office; they get ever more desperate to hold onto power and exaggerate internal and external threats.
    Once the populous believes there is a terrorist/mugger/sexual predator etc. around every corner they can, and indeed do, pass legislation that infringes our liberties and criminalises more of our behaviour.

I Am Legend

BrilloPad has reached the peak. Play again?

Quote Originally Posted by OwlHoot View Post
    Now they want to effectively ban children from appearing on TV

New laws could mean children disappear from TV, say broadcasters
    Could we find a way of stopping the Simon Cowell types from exploiting children instead?

Its hard to imagine life without crackerjack.....

Party Animal

Zippy has more data than eek

Ahem. Crackerjack!

My post count is Majestic

d000hg - scorchio!

Quote Originally Posted by RichardCranium View Post
    Except for drugged-up, knife-wielding hoodies, when do you ever see kids out of doors any more?
    Anywhere that isn't a middle-class new-build estate?
    Quote Originally Posted by MaryPoppins View Post
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Quote Originally Posted by vetran View Post
    Urine is quite nourishing

Fingers like lightning

TriggerHippy has no reputation

Quote Originally Posted by Zippy View Post
    Ahem. Crackerjack!
    More of a Tiswas person myself ..... Sally James and her famous cleavage ... yummm

Party Animal

Zippy has more data than eek

Quote Originally Posted by TriggerHippy View Post
    More of a Tiswas person myself ..... Sally James and her famous cleavage ... yummm
    Yep me too (except the cleavage). You have to say Crackerjack - it's the law.