Sudoku Query Sudoku Query
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Posts 1 to 10 of 27

Thread: Sudoku Query

Super poster

kaiser78 is NOT a disguised employee

Default Sudoku Query

It is okay to guess where numbers go if you are unsure, or is the game etiquette to work out where they go without guessing ?

Party Animal

Zippy has more data than eek

Quote Originally Posted by kaiser78 View Post
    It is okay to guess where numbers go if you are unsure, or is the game etiquette to work out where they go without guessing ?
    They are logic problems so you should not need to guess (unless you are in the world championships or similar). If there are two/three possibilites write them in very small and eliminate later.

Hope you haven't been worrying about this all day

Super poster

swamp is too good to be a permie

Never guess.

Never write on the page.

HTH
    Cats are evil.

Godlike

PRC1964 is good enough for Jehovah!

Isn't there an I-phone app that lets you take a photo of the grid and then solves it for you?

Just think of all the things you could do with your life if you didn't have to bother with the sudoku.

My post count is Majestic

NickFitz has reached the peak. Play again?

Quote Originally Posted by swamp View Post
    Never write on the page.
    A chap once watched me in a pub looking at a crossword for several minutes, then offered me a pen. I explained that I found it more fun to do it in my head.

He expressed disbelief, and continued to watch me. About a minute later I completed it and threw the paper down, whereupon he asked in a sarcastic tone if I'd given up.

Taking out my own pen, I proceeded to fill the entire grid in as he watched. What's more, rather than filling in each individual word, I went across the rows. Then I handed it to him so he could check that it was, indeed, correctly completed.

He seemed rather taken aback

Party Animal

Zippy has more data than eek

Quote Originally Posted by NickFitz View Post
    A chap once watched me in a pub looking at a crossword for several minutes, then offered me a pen. I explained that I found it more fun to do it in my head.

He expressed disbelief, and continued to watch me. About a minute later I completed it and threw the paper down, whereupon he asked in a sarcastic tone if I'd given up.

Taking out my own pen, I proceeded to fill the entire grid in as he watched. What's more, rather than filling in each individual word, I went across the rows. Then I handed it to him so he could check that it was, indeed, correctly completed.

Meh. Would have been more impressed if you hadn't needed to fill it in at all

Godlike

PRC1964 is good enough for Jehovah!

Quote Originally Posted by NickFitz View Post

crosswords, at least good ones, are a proper challenge. Sudoku is like painting with numbers.

Banned

TykeMerc 's job has never been outsourced

I've got a little application on my PDA that generates sudoku puzzles called Superdoku, it's very enjoyable on the harder levels.

I don't see sudoku as terrifically challenging it's just a nice mental diversion which is probably what it's designed for.

Good fun as a personal entertainment.

My post count is Majestic

NickFitz has reached the peak. Play again?

Quote Originally Posted by Zippy View Post
    Meh. Would have been more impressed if you hadn't needed to fill it in at all
    Oh great, now I'm supposed to read the damn thing out to him?

Super poster

kaiser78 is NOT a disguised employee

Quote Originally Posted by Zippy View Post
    They are logic problems so you should not need to guess (unless you are in the world championships or similar). If there are two/three possibilites write them in very small and eliminate later.

Hope you haven't been worrying about this all day
    He yes, and whether Ramps or Key will be given the nod on Thursday ahead of Bell