• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

No BBQ Weather: The Reason

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No BBQ Weather: The Reason

For all those who have whinged and whined over being denied their "barbecue weather" over the past few weeks, it turns out there was a reason: Trapped dog survived on rainwater
    Quote:

But if the predicted hot British summer had arrived the story may have ended in tragedy, Lancashire Police said.

"The local police wildlife officer had told me that's literally the reason Bess survived - that she's been licking her paws when the rain's been falling in the cage - so that's how she survived," said owner Donna Gornall.

As it says in Matthew chapter 10 verses 29 - 31:
    Quote:

29 Are not two sparrows sold for a farthing? and one of them shall not fall on the ground without your Father.

30 But the very hairs of your head are all numbered.

31 Fear ye not therefore, ye are of more value than many sparrows.

Apparently this also applies to black labradors. You did not get drenched in vain, and the quenching of your charcoal was for a reason beyond your ken

(That should confuse those who thought that only golden labradors were deserving of God's mercy.)

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    (That should confuse those who thought that only golden labradors were deserving of God's mercy.)
    You're thinking of the Furry Fruits of the Angels' Dreams, Golden Retrievers. Golden Labradors are the unnatural evil spawn of the devil's handmaidens, a despoiled hybrid abomination unto the Lord and a mockery of His works. So He's not so bothered about them.
    My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

The reason for the weather is the lack of sunspots.
      How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
      Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

It is the Great God Sod at work. Because I have retired and free to lounge about in garden all day. Had I been in some hot and tatty office writing specs for boring aircraft it would have been glorious.
        bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
        John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by HairyArsedBloke View Post
          The reason for the weather is the lack of sunspots.
          If only it was that obvious.

I did apologise, there's no need to keep bringing it up.

The vegetarian option.

Comment

Working...
          X