• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Usain Bolt sets new 100m world record

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Usain Bolt sets new 100m world record

9.58 seconds
    Where are we going? And what’s with this hand basket?

Originally posted by voodooflux View Post
    9.58 seconds
    Is that good?

Comment

Originally posted by voodooflux View Post
      9.58 seconds
      I was about to do a poll to find out if the multitude of sporty types on this forum felt he was 'clean'.

I have my doubts.

Comment

Originally posted by fckvwls View Post
        I was about to do a poll to find out if the multitude of sporty types on this forum felt he was 'clean'.

I have my doubts.
        He's not overly bulky (a la Johnson) so I doubt he's on steroids. I suspect he's just a freak of nature.
        ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Did he slow down again at the end, a la Beijing?

The man's a freak of nature. There's no evidence of steroid use (e.g., he's not built like the proverbial brick out-house).

Comment

Originally posted by Menelaus View Post
            Did he slow down again at the end, a la Beijing?
            Not this time, which probably accounted for at least half the improvement on his world record.

Comment

Would it be faster to run 100m from a rolling start? That is, you run 120m (say) and the clock is started when you pass the 20m mark.
              Cats are evil.

Comment

Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post
                He's not overly bulky (a la Johnson) so I doubt he's on steroids. I suspect he's just a freak of nature.
                ..or he's on something that they haven't got a test for.Give it 5-10 years and we'll see if the record stands!

Comment

Originally posted by swamp View Post
                  Would it be faster to run 100m from a rolling start? That is, you run 120m (say) and the clock is started when you pass the 20m mark.
                  Yep, I think he did the 150m recently and did the last 100 in about 8.7s or something like that.

Comment

If he is on something I'd like a bit of it.
                    +50 Xeno Geek Points
                    Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
                    As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

Working...
                    X