• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Mazda MX-5 reviewed by Clarkson

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mazda MX-5 reviewed by Clarkson

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/dri...cle6796416.ece

WHS. WIS. What the clever ones say, the ones who actually have some driving skill and are not posers or small-todgered. Capish Dim?
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

Mazda has fitted the engine with a forged crankshaft, floating pistons and new valve gear. It all sounds like the wet dream of a diehard, adenoidal car bore.

WHS!

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
      Mazda has fitted the engine with a forged crankshaft, floating pistons and new valve gear. It all sounds like the wet dream of a diehard, adenoidal car bore.

WHS!
      Missing the point again, eh? The point of the review is what a blast it is to drive.
      Hard Brexit now!
      #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post

WHS. WIS. What the clever ones say, the ones who actually have some driving skill and are not posers or small-todgered. Capish Dim?
        I'm sure Clarkson has been saying for years that the MX-5 is the best british sports car currently in production.

(Yes its Japanese but it ticks all the boxes of what makes a small british sports car)
        Coffee's for closers

Comment

Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
          I'm sure Clarkson has been saying for years that the MX-5 is the best british sports car currently in production.

(Yes its Japanese but it ticks all the boxes of what makes a small british sports car)
          Indeed it feels very much like an old MG (which I've also driven and enjoyed), but with the reliability.
          Hard Brexit now!
          #prayfornodeal

Comment

Indeed it feels very much like an old MG (which I've also driven and enjoyed), but with the reliability.
            They also do lemons.

One of Mrs MMs friends had one. About 3/4 years old IIRC correctly. Lots of things went wrong together.
            ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Missing the point again, eh? The point of the review is what a blast it is to drive.
              I just thought I'd find the bit that referred the most to you.

I think he got you summed up pretty well.

Comment

Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post
                They also do lemons.

One of Mrs MMs friends had one. About 3/4 years old IIRC correctly. Lots of things went wrong together.
                All car manufacturers make the occasional lemon. A look at any reliability survey will tell you that Mazda make fewer lemons than most others.
                Last edited by DiscoStu; 17 August 2009, 11:30.
                ǝןqqıʍ

Comment

I think you are confusing me with someone WGAS.

HTH

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
                    I just thought I'd find the bit that referred the most to you.

I think he got you summed up pretty well.
                    Yes Churchy, whatever you say
                    Hard Brexit now!
                    #prayfornodeal

Comment

Working...
                    X