Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Posts 1 to 10 of 27

Thread: New plan b

Richer than sasguru

DimPrawn is a fount of knowledge

Default New plan b

Selling burkinis

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/news...-burkinis.html

Under the rules, swimmers – including non-Muslims – are barred from entering the pool in normal swimming attire.

Instead they are told that they must comply with the "modest" code of dress required by Islamic custom, with women covered from the neck to the ankles and men, who swim separately, covered from the navel to the knees.

But across the UK municipal pools are holding swimming sessions specifically aimed at Muslims, in some case imposing strict dress codes.

Croydon council in south London runs separate one-and-a half-hour swimming sessions for Muslim men and women every Saturday and Sunday at Thornton Heath Leisure Centre.

Swimmers were told last week on the centre's website that "during special Muslim sessions male costumes must cover the body from the navel to the knee and females must be covered from the neck to the ankles and wrists".

You've got to love Labour and their stance on "integration and immigration".
    I was miserable and depressed, but CUK turned it all around. Now I'm depressed and miserable.

Godlike

chef is a permanent contractor

My sister in law has one of them, to me they simply look like a swimsuit with a hood, I really can't see what the big deal is with all the media attention they are getting.
    The proud owner of 125 Xeno Geek Points

Bazzalike

cailin maith 's job has never been outsourced

Yeah agree with Chef - don't understand the attention... they were wearing them in Dubai when I was there 10 years ago..... still wearing them now - big deal!
    Bazza gets caught
    Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Banned

Menelaus has no reputation

On the upside, prevents perving.

On the downside ... see above.

Richer than sasguru

Quote Originally Posted by cailin maith View Post
    Yeah agree with Chef - don't understand the attention... they were wearing them in Dubai when I was there 10 years ago..... still wearing them now - big deal!
    The big deal is the UK councils are imposing the Muslim dress restriction on all swimmers, Muslim or not in public swimming pools. In other words, everyone has to integrate with Muslim dress codes in the UK, not the other way round in a public place.

If you don't wear Muslim attire you are not allowed to swim.
    I was miserable and depressed, but CUK turned it all around. Now I'm depressed and miserable.

Froglike

Pondlife - scorchio!

A press officer at Croydon council, which introduced Muslim-only swimming in 2006, claimed that the wording on the website was a mistake and the dress code should be regarded as a suggestion rather than a requirement.

So not a slow news day then?

More fingers than teeth

xoggoth - scorchio!

So where are the special sessions for Christians, Sikhs, Hindus or atheists? Or are Muslims paying extra for this exclusive use of publicly funded facilities?

Special treatments for groups whose life style is purely a personal decision, whether Muslims, travellers or MPs causes resentment and is bad policy.
    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Bazzalike

cailin maith 's job has never been outsourced

Quote Originally Posted by DimPrawn View Post
    The big deal is the UK councils are imposing the Muslim dress restriction on all swimmers, Muslim or not in public swimming pools. In other words, everyone has to integrate with Muslim dress codes in the UK, not the other way round in a public place.

If you don't wear Muslim attire you are not allowed to swim.
    I see.
    Bazza gets caught
    Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

More fingers than teeth

xoggoth - scorchio!

PS I want special sessions for pervy old atheists where everyone wears suits with cut outs at the back and big arrows pointing to their bottoms. Will I get it?
    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Richer than sasguru

Quote Originally Posted by cailin maith View Post
    I see.
    Has the light switched on up there? Hellooooooo is there anybody in there?

(sound of echoey empty space)