• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Today, I shall mostly be doing ....

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Today, I shall mostly be doing ....

.... NOTHING.

I'm going to have a day off.

I've been working all day, everyday since I came out of hospital about five months ago. I seem to be achieving less and less each day. So time for a bit of a break.

Got up late, going to have a nice long soak in the bath.

Next is a bit of retail therapy; I need a new coffee maker and some blank DVDs.

After that, a nice walk through London and lunch somewhere.

How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
    Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

A day off doing nothing?

So we can assume you're not married then!
    My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

...my damndest to get rid of these f-ing stupid RS reports I have to do so i can get back to building cubes and SSIS packages and learning MDX at the clients expense....

while hanging out to see if I get a phone interview for a contract in London, and debating whether to take that (if I get it) or stick with plan A which is to go on holiday to the Gt Barrier Reef and then crash at my sisters place in Sydney looking for contract work while hanging at the beach...

Hmmmm
      Last edited by Stan.goodvibes; 19 August 2009, 00:41.

Comment

Originally posted by HairyArsedBloke View Post
        .... NOTHING.

I'm going to have a day off.

I've been working all day, everyday since I came out of hospital about five months ago. I seem to be achieving less and less each day. So time for a bit of a break.

Got up late, going to have a nice long soak in the bath.

Next is a bit of retail therapy; I need a new coffee maker and some blank DVDs.

After that, a nice walk through London and lunch somewhere.

I've been walking home through London this week, from clientco in the West End back to South Ken through Hyde Park.

It would be much nicer if there weren't so many hordes of tourists and foreigners jabbering away and cluttering up the pavements.

And once in the Park you have to dodge cyclists zooming round corners, and sweaty spluttering runners. Why can't these oafs go to the gym instead of having to show off in public?
        Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Today I shall mainly be on tenterhooks, waiting for a technical interview. Good way to lose weight it seems!
          Speaking gibberish on internet talkboards since last Michaelmas. Plus here on Twitter

Comment

I feel a lot better after taking a whole day off.

Today, after a nice bath, I'm going back into the City this morning any buy that cheap coffee maker I spotted in Dyas yesterday.

After that, back to work. More 'C's as in ASP.NET/MVC. I'm trying out S#arp Architecture. Anyone else given it a go?

Anyway, lesson learned. Spend more time relaxing or I'll end up in hospital again.
            How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
            Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

Working...
            X