• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Are VirginMedia still awful?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    .. It's often worth hanging up and calling again until you find the one who knows what they're doing, as they can often get things sorted out within a minute or so. ..
    Also, with Indian call centre staff especially, if you're having trouble it helps to start shouting and being rude and obnoxious, seriously.

In no time the poor sap at the other end will rush off and find a supervisor, who may be more helpful (and is usually easier to understand).
    Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

The call centres are tulip, but other than that I've had no beef with them.

Got the instalation done on a saturday, 2 weeks after i ordered it on the internets, with a free install. Dude called me before he turned up to make sure i was in, did it in about 20 minutes, no hassle.

My box then broke, called up the call centre, after they ran through the script and i repeated myself about 20 times they agreed to send a dude out.

Guy turned up next day, he didn't have a replacement box, but he called another guy who did, all fixed in about 30 minutes, and we all sat around for a bit and had a nice cup of tea talking about how to skive off as a field engineer. All good, oh and they also gave me a new remote as the orginal was a bit skitzoid.

Comment

That's the case with all call centres really. If I sense the person is incompetent, I just hang up and re-dial. Otherwise, you can be on the phone wasting time whilst they hunt and peck their keyboard.

That reminds me, have you ever been somewhere face to face where the assistant has to type your details on a keyboard, but for some reason she/he has a typing speed of 0.5 words per minute?

I have an almost irresistible urge to grab the keyboard and type it in myself. I've never done it, just grin and bear it.

Have you ever succumbed?

Comment

Originally posted by bobhope View Post
          I have an almost irresistible urge to grab the keyboard and type it in myself. I've never done it, just grin and bear it.

Have you ever succumbed?
          Nope, but I did talk the salesmen in Carphone Warehouse through how to fill in my details on his screen when I picked my new phone up last week. Had to convince him that the sw wasn't searching for me when it was flashing, it was waiting for him to type some details in. My name or current number might have been a flipping start.

Comment

Virgin

Virgin are awful IMHO, I shall be going back to BT.

Just as someone on here signed " plenty cheapness" but without the goodness...............
            .....my day will come

Comment

Working...
            X