• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Interview Tomorrow - bag dilema!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Interview Tomorrow - bag dilema!

So I've got an interview in that London tomorrow....3.5 hours on various trains to get to it.

My dilema is....do I take a massive bag filled with train time-comsuming products like laptop, book, mags, knitting, chargers, etc.

Or do I travel light so that when I breeze into the interview, I look nice and fresh.

I just think a big bag jam packed with stuff would somehow look a tad unprofessional?
    But then again, 3.5 hours each way - I'll be bored out of my mind if I dont have toys to play with!

What do yous think?
    Take a big bag full of toys - they'll understand!
    27.27%
    Take a small, professional bag only.
    40.91%
    Stop over thinking it and spend the journey wank1ng in the toilets over AndyW, as per usual!
    31.82%
    The pope is a tard.

Originally posted by SallyAnne View Post
    So I've got an interview in that London tomorrow....3.5 hours on various trains to get to it.

My dilema is....do I take a massive bag filled with train time-comsuming products like laptop, book, mags, knitting, chargers, etc.

Or do I travel light so that when I breeze into the interview, I look nice and fresh.

I just think a big bag jam packed with stuff would somehow look a tad unprofessional?
    But then again, 3.5 hours each way - I'll be bored out of my mind if I dont have toys to play with!

What do yous think?
    Hmm. It surely won't be a deal breaker, as long as everything fits into it properly? I have a penchant for oversize handbags anyway so it wouldn't look strange to me. Good luck!!
    Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
    +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

Won't the loud buzzing sound annoy the other passengers?
      "If you can read this, thank a teacher....and since it's in English, thank a soldier"

Comment

I took a back pack to an interview once and never got the job. Never again.

Leave the bag in left luggage at the station.

Comment

How about taking the big bag but sticking it in the left luggage at the station when you get there. Best of both worlds.

Hi Mary, hows the little'un doing?
          "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
            Leave the bag in left luggage at the station.
            Originally posted by DaveB View Post
            How about taking the big bag but sticking it in the left luggage at the station when you get there.
            Does Kings Cross have that?

I thought they'd all closed cause of bomb scares?
            The pope is a tard.

Comment

Small bag. Leave the laptop at home. Remember a small bottle of water and eat a banana before you go in.
              Cats are evil.

Comment

Originally posted by swamp View Post
                eat a banana before you go in.
                Why?
                The pope is a tard.

Comment

Originally posted by SallyAnne View Post

What do yous think?
                  It depends on what type of client and location.

Non City, non banking, you'er in luck big bags are in fashion.

If the City, they don't approve of high street fashion, if you need the big bag take second a small bag. Ask the person on the front desk to hold on to your bigger bag while you go for the interview.

(I just got an 8 hour battery Acer to use on trains, very light too ;-)

Sorted
                  Fiscal nomad it's legal.

Comment

Originally posted by MaryPoppins View Post
                    Hmm. It surely won't be a deal breaker, as long as everything fits into it properly? I have a penchant for oversize handbags anyway so it wouldn't look strange to me. Good luck!!
                    Yep, I'm with Mary on this - oversized is the way to go... I have all sorts of tulipe in mine
                    Bazza gets caught
                    Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

Working...
                    X