• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Sick of this job

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sick of this job

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/health/he...-each-day.html

Over 45,000 NHS staff call in sick every day, which is lowering standards of patient care, according to the first national NHS Health and Wellbeing Review into staff habits.

Replace with contractors. Simples.

I´m amazed it isn´t more seeing as they spend every day in a mucky NHS hospital surrounded by sick people.
    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

What happens where your sick pay policy is - you get paid anyway regardless of how many days sick you are a year.
      McCoy: "Medical men are trained in logic."
      Spock: "Trained? Judging from you, I would have guessed it was trial and error."

Comment

Shocking .

Altough - if you can't beat them ...

Comment

I really do think that this was an unfair report.

1) Most NHS staff works shifts (and pretty tulipy ones at that). A valid comparison with "other workers" would only be obtained by comparing with other shift workers. I bet they don't come out anywhere near as bad on that criteria (shift workers are notorious for "phoning in sick").

2) How often do people go into work because "they only have a cold" and thought that they should come in. Do you think that a nurse dealing with ill people should turn up for work "with a cold", I sure as hell don't!

tim

Comment

Working...
          X