• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Objects used for unintened purposes

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Objects used for unintened purposes

• Toothpicks - apparently these are called "cocktail sticks" by posh people
    • Paper clips - handy bits of metal to have around when they are not being used to group together sheets of paper that come into close proximity, e.g. to get into small crevices like drive bay openers and to reset electronic things
    • Ear cleaners - aka cotton buds. I'm not entirely sure what their intended purpose is, except that it's definitely not recommended to be ear related

Any more?

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
    • Toothpicks - apparently these are called "cocktail sticks" by posh people
    • Paper clips - handy bits of metal to have around when they are not being used to group together sheets of paper that come into close proximity, e.g. to get into small crevices like drive bay openers and to reset electronic things
    • Ear cleaners - aka cotton buds. I'm not entirely sure what their intended purpose is, except that it's definitely not recommended to be ear related

Any more?
    I use cotton buds to clean my camera's internals
    ǝןqqıʍ

Comment

Yes! I never understood why they come in that strange, bent shape so that you have to straighten them out before they're any use.

Comment

I have this old sock at home....

Comment

receipts also double up as tooth pics but be careful not to paper cut your gum

Comment

Originally posted by thunderlizard View Post
            Yes! I never understood why they come in that strange, bent shape so that you have to straighten them out before they're any use.
            Yep, same goes for "coat hangers".

Comment

I use my sd card to store photos from my computer, instead of using it in the camera to take pictures

(\__/)
              (>'.'<)
              ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

[LIST][*]Toothpicks - apparently these are called "cocktail sticks" by posh people
                I am a 100% certified public school land owning tweed wearing toff, and I shall hereby testify that in our family, toothpicks are called 'toothpicks'. ´Cocktail sticks´ sounds rather nouveau.

By the way, the word 'toilet' is not used; loo, bog, khazi, throne and even the antipodean 'dunny' are all acceptable, but not toilet, and certainly not WC, lavatory or 'restroom'.
                And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
                  I use my sd card to store photos from my computer, instead of using it in the camera to take pictures
                  Mine is in my DAB radio for recording radio programmes.
                  My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

CyberCretins Curtains.

Nuff said.
                    Hard Brexit now!
                    #prayfornodeal

Comment

Working...
                    X