• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Provincial women visiting London

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Provincial women visiting London

You can always spot them; they are the ones carrying big bags around. Clogging up the underground (not that I ever use it anymore) or falling out of taxi’s and can’t find their purse when they have to pay. Don’t they know how unprofessional that looks? Who would want to do business or hire them?

It’s going to be even worse tomorrow; it's forecast to rain so they will be carrying umbrellas too.

On the other hand a professional London woman carries a small briefcase and is quick and efficient. Give me a London girl every time.
    How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
    Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

<looks around nervously for SA running in with a Cantona style kick>
    The proud owner of 125 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

Originally posted by HairyArsedBloke View Post
      You can always spot them; they are the ones carrying big bags around. Clogging up the underground (not that I ever use it anymore) or falling out of taxi’s and can’t find their purse when they have to pay. Don’t they know how unprofessional that looks? Who would want to do business or hire them?

It’s going to be even worse tomorrow; it's forecast to rain so they will be carrying umbrellas too.

On the other hand a professional London woman carries a small briefcase and is quick and efficient. Give me a London girl every time.
      They also stand on the left hand side of the escalator, admiring their surroundings oblivious to anybody behind them.

Comment

Give me a London girl every time.
        Wallop! He's gone down!

Comment

Give me a London girl every time.
          I thought you preferred a London boy?

Comment

Originally posted by chef View Post
            <looks around nervously for SA running in with a Cantona style kick>
            I'd be impressed if SA could launch herself 5 feet off the ground and do a karate kick.

I reckon at best she'd manage a one legged knee shot ..
            Hang on - there is actually a place called Cheddar?? - cailin maith

Any forum is a collection of assorted weirdos, cranks and pervs - Board Game Geek

That will be a simply fab time to catch up for a beer. - Tay

Have you ever seen somebody lick the chutney spoon in an Indian Restaurant and put it back ? - Cyberghoul

Comment

is this insult SA day??

it doesnt have this in my calendar..

Comment

I don't think that's true. London rain doesn't count as rain by Northern standards.

London is the only place where you see people walking around with umbrellas up when it's cloudy but not actually raining. Or crowds of people at tube station entrances sheltering from barely perceptible drizzle.

Comment

Originally posted by chef View Post
                  is this insult SA day??

it doesnt have this in my calendar..
                  Try now :-

http://forums.contractoruk.com/calendar.php

HTH

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post

much better, carry on then

Comment