• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Paypal issues. Dodgy?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1 He can open a new Paypal account within about 5 minutes.

2 You can even send a Paypal payment to a non-paypal enabled email adress and he can then open up a new Paypal account to receive it if you like. I have done this myself when a stupid numpty sent payment to the wrong email address.

I'd not do as he says.
    Public Service Posting by the BBC - Bloggs Bulls**t Corp.
    Officially CUK certified - Thick as f**k.

Comment

How do I know if an email is really from PayPal?

Emails from PayPal always only come from a paypal.co.uk address. We will also only address you by your first name and last name. You can report any suspicious emails to [email protected].

This text is included in genuine emails from PayPal. If the email you received relating to your PayPal UK account isn't from paypal.co.uk and/or doesn't include your first and last names, it's a scam.

Simples

Comment

Originally posted by DiscoStu View Post
        Outwith?
        Outside; beyond; outside of.

It is an opposite to "within"; another opposite to "within" is "without" but that may cause confusion with its other meaning, "not having".

There are several online dictionaries available, which it should not be outwith your ability to consult yourself when you come across a word that you don't know
        Last edited by expat; 19 August 2009, 15:52.

Comment

Originally posted by expat View Post
          Outside; beyond; outside of.

There are several online dictionaries available, which it should not be outwith your ability to consult yourself when you come across a word that you don't know
          I did look it up on dictionary.com, but it wasn't there. I couldn't be arsed to look anywhere else so posted on here. Further research reveals it to be a Scottish thing
          ǝןqqıʍ

Comment

I know that the first paypal mail was a phishing mail and never used the link on it but what is strange is that it was asking me to login because my account had become 'limited' then 2 hours later I get an authentic mail from paypal saying that my account is limited.

I go to the paypal site ( not by following the link ) and login and that confirms that the paypal account is indeed limited.

Is that coincidence?

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
              I know that the first paypal mail was a phishing mail and never used the link on it but what is strange is that it was asking me to login because my account had become 'limited' then 2 hours later I get an authentic mail from paypal saying that my account is limited.

I go to the paypal site ( not by following the link ) and login and that confirms that the paypal account is indeed limited.

Is that coincidence?
              I get junk emails claiming that my PayPal account has been limited all the time. If for some reason my account was limited, I wouldn't be at all surprised to have received a scam email at about the same time.

Comment

Originally posted by DiscoStu View Post
                I did look it up on dictionary.com, but it wasn't there. I couldn't be arsed to look anywhere else so posted on here. Further research reveals it to be a Scottish thing
                "(Scottish and Northern England; colloq.)". Used in Scotland and England; possibly not common in your area, but you can still learn.

Comment

Working...
                X