• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Facebook are twunts.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Facebook are twunts.

Got this message from them, this morning:

Dear Sir,

Your account will be disabled for breaking the rules in Facebook Texas Hold'em Poker ;

Buying

Selling

Transferring

If you didnt break the rules, please then to do your defense ;

http://apps.facebook.com/account_verification

Otherwise your account will be closed.

Thank You.
    Except I can't log into the ******* page to defend myself.

Only thing I can think of is I lost 70 mill over two hands last night to the same guy, but that was genuine (And it hurt). Got beat all-in. twice, on a run to ace by a flush, and worse by an ace flush on my king flush.

WTF?
    Hang on - there is actually a place called Cheddar?? - cailin maith

Any forum is a collection of assorted weirdos, cranks and pervs - Board Game Geek

That will be a simply fab time to catch up for a beer. - Tay

Have you ever seen somebody lick the chutney spoon in an Indian Restaurant and put it back ? - Cyberghoul

Originally posted by snaw View Post
    Got this message from them, this morning:

Except I can't log into the ******* page to defend myself.

Only thing I can think of is I lost 70 mill over two hands last night to the same guy, but that was genuine (And it hurt). Got beat all-in. twice, on a run to ace by a flush, and worse by an ace flush on my king flush.

WTF?
    From the language used in the email and on that page I suspect it's a phishing scam.
    "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
      From the language used in the email and on that page I suspect it's a phishing scam.
      No, it's genuine. That was my first thought.

But been researching it and all looks legit.

I can still get into the poker app and they've taken my other 70 mill off me as well. Either that or someone hacked my account previously, and deliberately lost the rest ... hadn't considered that ...

Any forum is a collection of assorted weirdos, cranks and pervs - Board Game Geek

Have you ever seen somebody lick the chutney spoon in an Indian Restaurant and put it back ? - Cyberghoul

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
        I thought that too. Can you still log on to Facebook? Might be worth changing your password if you can.
        Where are we going? And what’s with this hand basket?

Comment

Originally posted by voodooflux View Post
          I thought that too. Can you still log on to Facebook? Might be worth changing your password if you can.
          Yep, done that already. Like I said, that was my first thought.

i think it's legit. I'm usually pretty savvy with these things.

Comment

You lost £70m?

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
              You lost £70m?
              Yep.

I had 160mill (Now appear to have 300k so a whole chunk has gone missing which I didn't lose, and now I'm suspicious of) ).

Lost all-in on a flush on the flop with a k to a guy who had the ace flush, and again to the same guy a few hands later - had a run straight to a on 4th card, and a flush flopped on the river. Killed me both times.

Comment

What's the point of all this "virtual" money anyway? Is it worth anything in the real world and if not then why get banned for something that isn't real?

I can understand why you play it - for the fun - but I can't grasp why FB would think of it as being serious enough to ban people over. Actually I can't understand why anyone would pay to "buy/transfer" chips either.

Comment

Originally posted by TazMaN View Post
                  What's the point of all this "virtual" money anyway? Is it worth anything in the real world and if not then why get banned for something that isn't real?

I can understand why you play it - for the fun - but I can't grasp why FB would think of it as being serious enough to ban people over. Actually I can't understand why anyone would pay to "buy/transfer" chips either.
                  People buy chips for real cash, I think is the issue.

Least going by the pretty regular stream of people jumping on tables and offering chips for sale ...

Reasons, I dunno. Same reasons people spend real money on MMORPG characters, money and items. Kinda sad but it happens.

Comment

All major poker sites let you play with pretend money if you're after a replacement. They're probably 10X better than a FB app too.
                    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                    Originally posted by vetran
                    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Working...
                    X