• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Credit Crunch ™ is over

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cyberman View Post
    All those points would cause inflation and thus interest rate rises, which destroy your argument.
    Nope. Deflation.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/telegraph...0_1464295a.jpg

Everything is getting cheaper and cheaper. If you have (lots) of money and a well paid job / contract, you are laughing.

Comment

All those points would cause inflation and thus interest rate rises, which destroy your argument.
      No, our great gordon has fixed boom and bust we just went through
      a bit of 'turbulence', interest rates and inflation have never been a problem
      for the uk thanks to the almighty one!!

Comment

Nope, because economics experts point to Japan who printed money like crazy and there was still no inflation.

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
          Nope, because economics experts point to Japan who printed money like crazy and there was still no inflation.

We're not just talking about printing money here, but many other factors that are also inflationary. Plus, Japan's economy is totally different to the UK's.

Comment

Originally posted by TazMaN View Post
            Yeah I can't wait! Money in bank, haven't fixed it (on crappy rates) for a few months now because I'm waiting for the inflation boom.
            What do you intend to do to protect your "real terms" wealth? If you leave it in the bank the interest you get won't rise quickly enough to protect you.

N.B. I'm not looking for an argument here just interested to know what you intend to do in "a few months" to protect yourself as share your views on inflation being round the corner.

Comment

Originally posted by scaramanga View Post
              What do you intend to do to protect your "real terms" wealth? If you leave it in the bank the interest you get won't rise quickly enough to protect you.

N.B. I'm not looking for an argument here just interested to know what you intend to do in "a few months" to protect yourself as share your views on inflation being round the corner.
              Gold should drop quite significantly before staging a major comeback - so this would be good to get into to protect against inflationary devaluation. I'm also looking at putting £ into other currencies which will hold up better. Overseas property is an option too.

Realistically though, I will just stick to my procrastinating nature and do nothing. It's only money and we're all going to die anyway.

Comment

I reckon there's still a house price correction due. When interest rates start to rise a lot of people will feel the pain.
                ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

Originally posted by Lockhouse View Post
                  I reckon there's still a house price correction due. When interest rates start to rise a lot of people will feel the pain.
                  But interest rates aren't going to ever rise again. Because raising interest rates will pop the bubble and Labour will never let the bubble pop.

And house prices are going to rocket. They will never fall.

Buy into BTL now.

Comment

Can low interest rates be sustained in times of high inflation?

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
                      Can low interest rates be sustained in times of high inflation?
                      Why not? Who cares as long a houses are rising in price.

Let inflation rip through and destroy all debt.

Comment

Working...
                      X