Tory policy? Tory policy?
Posts 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Tory policy?

Better than AtW

sasguru - scorchio!

Default Tory policy?

Anyone know what it is? I don't.
    Traditionally it would be the party of small government, its MPs would be toffs who had worked in industry or finance, it was for cutting public spending and encouraging private enterprise.

Now Cameron says public spending on the NHS is "ring fenced" even though he can see that current spending by central govt. cannot be sustained, Tory MPs are twenty-something career politicians just like Labour, there is no coherent policy on private enterprise, and Osborne is probably the only politician who would be worse than Brown as chancellor.

I Am Legend

BrilloPad has reached the peak. Play again?

This would not have happened under Labour.

BardLike

AlfredJPruffock is a permanent contractor

This would not have happened under NatWest.

Better than AtW

sasguru - scorchio!

Quote Originally Posted by AlfredJPruffock View Post
    This would not have happened under NatWest.

Anyone remember that spoof 80s advert for GnatWest:

"No money, no job? Then fook off".

Suffers Fools...Badly!

shaunbhoy is always on top

Quote Originally Posted by sasguru View Post
    Anyone know what it is? I don't.
    Traditionally it would be the party of small government, its MPs would be toffs who had worked in industry or finance, it was for cutting public spending and encouraging private enterprise.

Now Cameron says public spending on the NHS is "ring fenced" even though he can see that current spending by central govt. cannot be sustained, Tory MPs are twenty-something career politicians just like Labour, there is no coherent policy on private enterprise, and Osborne is probably the only politician who would be worse than Brown as chancellor.
    Yes, well if choosing a party to vote for is something a bit too perplexing for you sg, you could just do what all the other brainless simpletons do on Election day. Stay at home and watch Jeremy Kyle. That is probably more your "level" in any case.
    “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Fingers like lightning

sunnysan has no reputation

Default Tories

Quote Originally Posted by shaunbhoy View Post
    Yes, well if choosing a party to vote for is something a bit too perplexing for you sg, you could just do what all the other brainless simpletons do on Election day. Stay at home and watch Jeremy Kyle. That is probably more your "level" in any case.
    So ok, if I want to cast my vote, why would I vote for the Tories?

Come up with some good reasons to vote for them other than a vote against labour(IMHO the only reason at this stage).

Am I just too blinded by cynicism to see that Dave and Ozzie are the dream team that will lead this country to greatness?
    There are no evil thoughts except one: the refusal to think

Double Godlike!

malvolio - scorchio!

Walking in the garden, dreaming of Olivia...

They couldn't do any worse than the bunch of unqulaified incomeptents we have at the moment, by any rational measurement.

We're facing one of the most important elections since 1979.
    You won't see a Tory policy statement, or anyone else's, until the election is called. Doing it earlier will simply allow NL to claim the idea for themselves, or put something in place to scupper it. The election is already going to be fought on utterly mendacious lines by NL (actually, it is already being fought - "We will increase public spending while the Tories will cut it" ring any bells...?) , why give them ammunition?
    Blog? What blog...?