• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Unhijacked Jobstats

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by realityhack View Post
    The 'Money Saving Expert' forum has a different take on the 'rep' idea IIRC...

Posts can be voted to be useful or not - which they've chosen to brand as 'thanked', so you have the post count plus 'thanked x times in y posts'. They also show who thanked/rated them. Not sure that's necessary.
    I've seen Thanks and Groans which were used as a means of bullies ganging up on others. In that case, the Thanks/Groans function was removed from the sections of the forum equivalent to LR here.
    Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

Originally posted by administrator View Post
      So the bullying that I see in General is humourous and without venom?
      There you have it. Too many of the 'click' thinking CUK is just for their amusement and anyone with an opposing opinion is a village idiot, although you did rename that to something else SAS didn't you?
      "I hope Celtic realise that, if their team is good enough, they will win. If they're not good enough, they'll not win - and they can't look at anybody else, whether it is referees or any other influence." - Walter Smith

On them! On them! They fail!

Comment

Originally posted by administrator View Post
        And this is totally like the post count whores IMO.
        There's your problem Admin. The reason that General has become more like Light Relief is because those post count whores migrate over here to keep their score going. Sad really isn't it.
        "I hope Celtic realise that, if their team is good enough, they will win. If they're not good enough, they'll not win - and they can't look at anybody else, whether it is referees or any other influence." - Walter Smith

On them! On them! They fail!

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
          Or alternatively, my suggestion of over a year ago:
          Let's face it, the only possible reason for displaying post count is to imply that somebody with a high post count has contributed something of value to the community. We know very well that this is not the case.

Therefore, posts in each individual forum (General, Technical, etc) should show only the member's post count for that forum.

After all somebody who's posted a lot in, say, B/C probably has something useful to say on the subject at hand, and their high B/C post count would show that they have contributed.

Conversely, somebody who's posted almost nothing but abuse of immigrants and inane ranting about BTL in General, or indeed somebody who's posted a lot of drivel in LR (like me), shouldn't have a spurious credibility conferred on them when they post in a different area.

Post count by category is the only way post count can have any actual value.
          whs!

Comment

Originally posted by Incognito View Post
            although you did rename that to something else SAS didn't you?
            yes:

Village People with Learning Difficulties (TM).
            Hard Brexit now!
            #prayfornodeal

Comment

Working...
            X