• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

I think we have a ghost!!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Years ago I knew of a woman who claimed that her house had a ghost. Similar stuff e.g. things being arranged, or moved. She ended up being diagnosed with some sort of mental disorder. One of those multi-personality things; it was her doing it in one of her ‘states’ then forgetting about it. There wasn’t any doubt about it, her husband and mother has independently found her doing it.

With that in mind I go worried when I was living in the Caribbean as I felt that the condo we rented, for a while before we bought a place on the same complex, had a ‘presence’. I’d see a dark shadow out the corner of my eye and it’ll be gone when I looked, etc. What was most annoying was it would muck around with the controller for the air conditioning i.e. turn it up or down. The ex-mrs HAB ‘claimed’ that she hadn’t touched it, and I ‘thought’ I hadn’t, but it would still change.

When we joked about it with the ‘church lady’ manager and she went into a bit of a state and recommended that we went to see the pastor of her church. I also had to promise to never say a word to the cleaner as she would be too scared to enter the place. The reaction of the religious nutters was scarier than having a ghost or developing a mental health problem.
    How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
    Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

Working...
    X