• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

I think we have a ghost!!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think we have a ghost!!

A few months ago, there were a series of freaky remote control "incidents" in my house.

My hubby was workign away, and a few times I got home from work to find the remote controls alligned on the sofa. Not something I ever do.

I let my sensible brain ignore it.

Last week, I noticed that our 3 tea/coffee/herbal tea pots were all alligned pointing right - again somethign I never do (and not somethign which could be accidentally done by a cat, as they are all heavy).
    My hubby swears he never did this either (why would he?!)

Today he has just mailed to me to say that our robot hoover (which has been set to go off at 9am every day since we got him) hasn't gone off, and when he checked his settings, he has been set to go off today at 11:11!!!!!!

The pope is a tard.

Originally posted by SallyAnne View Post
    A few months ago, there were a series of freaky remote control "incidents" in my house.

My hubby was workign away, and a few times I got home from work to find the remote controls alligned on the sofa. Not something I ever do.

I let my sensible brain ignore it.

Last week, I noticed that our 3 tea/coffee/herbal tea pots were all alligned pointing right - again somethign I never do (and not somethign which could be accidentally done by a cat, as they are all heavy).
    My hubby swears he never did this either (why would he?!)

Today he has just mailed to me to say that our robot hoover (which has been set to go off at 9am every day since we got him) hasn't gone off, and when he checked his settings, he has been set to go off today at 11:11!!!!!!

The prisoner you keep in the basement has probably been getting out and moving things.

I suggest you hobble him......

Comment

Don't worry - it likes you and is trying to help out, while being OCD at the same time (which is no bad thing in a ghost - at least he* won't throw things around and break them)

*that my bet...
      "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
      - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Sack your cleaner and get one who can take instructions.

HTH
        Hard Brexit now!
        #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
          Sack your cleaner and get one who can take instructions.

HTH
          Get your butler to sack

HTH

Comment

mmmm Doctor Optimist here.

Have you been under a lot of stress lately ?
            Job related possibly ?
            Been out spending to reduce the stress ?

yeeeessss, I thought so.

now come and lie on the couch and tell Dr Optimist the first word that pops into your head when I say

'Southerner' .....
            (\__/)
            (>'.'<)
            ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
              Get your butler to sack

HTH
              I've economised during the recession by "letting go" of the butler.
              Hard Brexit now!
              #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
                Don't worry - it likes you and is trying to help out, while being OCD at the same time (which is no bad thing in a ghost - at least he* won't throw things around and break them)

*that my bet...
                Ah brilliant!!!! An OCD ghost!!!! He could be really useful!!

Our house has been boiling lately too...not sure if it's connected!
                The pope is a tard.

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
                  I've economised during the recession by "letting go" of the butler.
                  Have you made any other economies?

Comment

Originally posted by SallyAnne View Post

Our house has been boiling lately too...not sure if it's connected!
                    Ah your cleaner is female and doesn't understand thermostats
                    Hard Brexit now!
                    #prayfornodeal

Comment

Working...
                    X