• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Qbs

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Qbs

any one been contacted by Quality building services of brigton offering me 10 k contracts and only invoiceing me after iv been pay'd for 2.5% it was all going so well until thy asked for a one off payment of £200 for "admin" this is a scam please tell me it is cheers rob

nope but i think untouchable has.

Comment

untorchable isn't in the running. it's a flat bicycle.
      Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by robbieg View Post
        any one been contacted by Quality building services of brigton offering me 10 k contracts and only invoiceing me after iv been pay'd for 2.5% it was all going so well until thy asked for a one off payment of £200 for "admin" this is a scam please tell me it is cheers rob
        Any chance that this can be translated into English?

I have absolutely no idea what the hell he's going on about.

Comment

Originally posted by TykeMerc View Post

I thought it was just me - I don't understand a word of it either.

Comment

Due to the poor grammar and spelling of the original message, I am also unable to interpret the meaning of the post.

I can try to hazard a guess at the implied message or communication, however the whole point of written communication is to be explicitly clear and convey your message appropriately.

Consequently, guessing would be just as meaningless as the original message.
            Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C.S. Lewis

Comment

Originally posted by TykeMerc View Post

I took the original text and used Babel Fish to translate it to Korean, and then back to English.

It's much clearer now......

"To propose k contracts of 10 in what kind of thing me, pay' Only after IV is me in compliance with invoiceing brigton Quality building services is contacted; d it for 2.5% " The whole was going until thy where is demanded £200 payment falling things for like this well; admin" This acclamation plunder is I who fraud say that wears out"

Comment

Originally posted by Toolpusher View Post
                I took the original text and used Babel Fish to translate it to Korean, and then back to English.

It's much clearer now......

"To propose k contracts of 10 in what kind of thing me, pay' Only after IV is me in compliance with invoiceing brigton Quality building services is contacted; d it for 2.5% " The whole was going until thy where is demanded £200 payment falling things for like this well; admin" This acclamation plunder is I who fraud say that wears out"

So - a bit like your word associations then?
                +50 Xeno Geek Points
                Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
                As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

Originally posted by Zippy View Post
                  So - a bit like your word associations then?
                  Oi, I resemble that comment!!

Comment

Originally posted by Toolpusher View Post
                    Oi, I resemble that comment!!
                    Sorry (slightly)
                    +50 Xeno Geek Points
                    Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
                    As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

Working...