Qbs Qbs
Posts 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Qbs

  1. #1

    Nervous Newbie

    robbieg has no reputation


    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    1

    Default Qbs

    any one been contacted by Quality building services of brigton offering me 10 k contracts and only invoiceing me after iv been pay'd for 2.5% it was all going so well until thy asked for a one off payment of £200 for "admin" this is a scam please tell me it is cheers rob

  2. #2

    TPDeity

    DS23 has more data than eek

    DS23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    26,565

    Default

    nope but i think untouchable has.

  3. #3

    Respect my authoritah!

    NotAllThere is always on top

    NotAllThere's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Far away from HMRC
    Posts
    20,787

    Default

    untorchable isn't in the running. it's a flat bicycle.
    Duct tape holds the universe together. In quantum chromodynamics it's known as the strong force. You get it in different colours, but metallic grey is best.

  4. #4

    Banned

    TykeMerc 's job has never been outsourced


    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Atlantis
    Posts
    8,066

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by robbieg View Post
    any one been contacted by Quality building services of brigton offering me 10 k contracts and only invoiceing me after iv been pay'd for 2.5% it was all going so well until thy asked for a one off payment of £200 for "admin" this is a scam please tell me it is cheers rob
    Any chance that this can be translated into English?

    I have absolutely no idea what the hell he's going on about.

  5. #5

    Godlike

    Peoplesoft bloke is a permanent contractor


    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    5,066

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TykeMerc View Post
    Any chance that this can be translated into English?

    I have absolutely no idea what the hell he's going on about.
    I thought it was just me - I don't understand a word of it either.

  6. #6

    Super poster

    Board Game Geek is too good to be a permie

    Board Game Geek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    In a Cave
    Posts
    4,064

    Default

    Due to the poor grammar and spelling of the original message, I am also unable to interpret the meaning of the post.

    I can try to hazard a guess at the implied message or communication, however the whole point of written communication is to be explicitly clear and convey your message appropriately.

    Consequently, guessing would be just as meaningless as the original message.
    Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

    C.S. Lewis

  7. #7

    Banned

    Toolpusher has no reputation


    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Emerald City
    Posts
    86

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TykeMerc View Post
    Any chance that this can be translated into English?

    I have absolutely no idea what the hell he's going on about.
    I took the original text and used Babel Fish to translate it to Korean, and then back to English.

    It's much clearer now......

    "To propose k contracts of 10 in what kind of thing me, pay' Only after IV is me in compliance with invoiceing brigton Quality building services is contacted; d it for 2.5% " The whole was going until thy where is demanded £200 payment falling things for like this well; admin" This acclamation plunder is I who fraud say that wears out"


  8. #8

    Party Animal

    Zippy has more data than eek

    Zippy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Mr Flibble's wardrobe
    Posts
    20,670

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Toolpusher View Post
    I took the original text and used Babel Fish to translate it to Korean, and then back to English.

    It's much clearer now......

    "To propose k contracts of 10 in what kind of thing me, pay' Only after IV is me in compliance with invoiceing brigton Quality building services is contacted; d it for 2.5% " The whole was going until thy where is demanded £200 payment falling things for like this well; admin" This acclamation plunder is I who fraud say that wears out"

    So - a bit like your word associations then?
    +50 Xeno Geek Points
    Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
    As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

    Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

    CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

  9. #9

    Banned

    Toolpusher has no reputation


    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Emerald City
    Posts
    86

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zippy View Post
    So - a bit like your word associations then?
    Oi, I resemble that comment!!

  10. #10

    Party Animal

    Zippy has more data than eek

    Zippy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Mr Flibble's wardrobe
    Posts
    20,670

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Toolpusher View Post
    Oi, I resemble that comment!!
    Sorry (slightly)
    +50 Xeno Geek Points
    Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
    As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

    Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

    CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •