• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

What would the Tories do that's different?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
    No, because he's too busy running the country, perhaps?

Do you honestly think that Dave is going to be outside Witney town hall after the next election??
    ruining

Comment

Well, we'd no longer have a thunderbird puppet running the Health service for a start

Comment

They'd do the same thing, but call it something different.
        McCoy: "Medical men are trained in logic."
        Spock: "Trained? Judging from you, I would have guessed it was trial and error."

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
          No, because he's too busy running the country, perhaps?

Do you honestly think that Dave is going to be outside Witney town hall after the next election??
          Probably not but he's a good local MP.

Gordon Brown is just an inept, demented twat.

You've come right out the other side of the forest of irony and ended up in the desert of wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by lilelvis2000 View Post
            They'd do the same thing, but call it something different.
            Compassionate conservatism.

Old Conservatism; we're going to reduce your benefits because you're a lazy little tulip and we hate you, and we're going to close your hospital because we can; we're on BUPA

Newfangled Compassionate Conservatism; we're going to stimulate you to make a success of your life by reducing your dependence on state benefits so you will be encouraged to go and get a McJob, and we will encourage you to maintain a healthy lifestyle by rationalising the health service and removing unnecessary expenditure
            And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by bogeyman View Post
              They will roll back the frontiers of the state (once again).
              I will believe it when I see it.

Comment

Hmmm it'll be interesting to see how - they sold everything off last time - I suppose they could privatise Network Rail. As for the Civil Service, every government, Labour and Tory talk tough about this but never do. Thatcher was the real inventor of Quangos, for example.

FWW I'd be in favour of any party I honestly believed would root out all the deadwood and non-jobs - although the question arises about what we're going to do with all the redundant Civil Servants.

Comment

David Cameron is my MP. Have met him on a couple of occasions and he strikes me as a nice, ordinary (if rich) fellow. He will sometimes stand on a soapbox outside Witney Town Hall and speak, impromptu, on some local issue or other to the passers by.

You can't picture Gordon Doom doing that, can you?
                  George Osbourne is mine and he's a slimy Trust-fund Tory-toff little sh1t!
                  Guy Fawkes - "The last man to enter Parliament with honourable intentions."

Comment

Originally posted by Peoplesoft bloke View Post
                    Hmmm it'll be interesting to see how - they sold everything off last time - I suppose they could privatise Network Rail. As for the Civil Service, every government, Labour and Tory talk tough about this but never do. Thatcher was the real inventor of Quangos, for example.

FWW I'd be in favour of any party I honestly believed would root out all the deadwood and non-jobs - although the question arises about what we're going to do with all the redundant Civil Servants.
                    They only started privatising later. At first they made the country live within its means. But DC does not have the bottle for that.

Comment

Whatever happened to Timberwolf, I wonder.

His last post was in 2012, nothing dramatic, but since then he's disappeared never to be seen on CUK again.

(unless he's posted more recently under another ID)
                      Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Working...
                      X