• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Maze

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thank god I live in Swindon, where you are limited to Maccy D's, BK or the kebab van.

Comment

Originally posted by Lockhouse View Post
      To be honest I've been on the next table to him a couple of times and he eats with his mouth open.
      Originally posted by Platypus View Post
      Yuk - a habit I despise
      how do you get the food in?

Comment

Why on earth did you dine there, michelin star or not, you've just eaten at the michelin equivilent of mcDonalds! (mcramsay holdings)

Get yourself a michelin guide and check this out linky
        "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by tenpin View Post
          New boy, slightly squiffy (well, not slightly), but just had an evening living the contractors life down Mayfair with a few cocktails and a meal at Maze. Never done a Michelin star before, and quite frankly after this evening, can't see the fuss. Bland has a new definition. Has Gordon Ramsey lost the plot, or can any old cafe get a Michelin star these days?

Which swinky restaurant would you recommend on next invoice day?
          I haven't tried Maze myself but I have enjoyed a few meals in the restaurant with his name on in the Royal Hospital Road.

I was absolutely blown away by the meal and the service on the first visit. I have been less impressed on more recent visits, whether that is to do with the fact that the head chef has changed or whether I am just used to it now I am not sure.

They don't have the aura of exclusivity but these days I am perfectly happy with a visit to any of The Gaucho Grills.

Having said that, by the sound of your post you are out of your depth so it might be better if you stick to Pizza Express from now on.

Comment

Originally posted by sweetandsour View Post
            They don't have the aura of exclusivity but these days I am perfectly happy with a visit to any of The Gaucho Grills
            Yep - good call.
            ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

To be honest I've been on the next table to him a couple of times and he eats with his mouth open.
              Was there chutney on the table by any chance?

Comment

Originally posted by sweetandsour View Post
                They don't have the aura of exclusivity but these days I am perfectly happy with a visit to any of The Gaucho Grills.
                Yep - good call.
                Thirded. Good quality ingredients, no mucking about.

That said, We had lunch at Vila Joya whilst on holiday this year. Cost more than the car hire for 10 days, but it was worth it.
                ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Just been on the phone to El Bulli to make a reservation. They can fit us in September 2013 - how chuffed we are!

Comment

Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post
                    Thirded. Good quality ingredients, no mucking about.

That said, We had lunch at Vila Joya whilst on holiday this year. Cost more than the car hire for 10 days, but it was worth it.
                    Fourthed! I like Gaucho too!!
                    Bazza gets caught
                    Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

Originally posted by singhr View Post
                      Just been on the phone to El Bulli to make a reservation. They can fit us in September 2013 - how chuffed we are!
                      Lucky you, I thought they were closing down in the next 6 months.
                      "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Working...
                      X