• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Permie Interview This Afternoon!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well done.

FWIW I have done exactly the same as you, for exactly the same reasons and with a view to staying here for about the same amount of time!

I've got a bunch of very desirable skills that are being put on the cv so it's a case of 'this time next year, Rodders...'

Comment

Originally posted by stingman123 View Post

I'm not selling out! I just need to ride this recession wave and see where it takes me. I'm not too sure I want the role, but I've only worked 12 weeks this year and need to keep monies coming in, if I don't get it I will be worried but I won't be bothered, there's always the next contract (wherever that is)

Anyone else having this problem? would you go perm for a role that is 10 mins away !
      Having worked 12 weeks less than you this year, I'd go for the permi role if I thought that the employer would give the job to me, but I know that he wont. I'll be up against another 50 CVs from equally qualified guys who don't have the baggage of being a contracotor.

I even lost a possible contract role last week because the guy had receiced so many good perm CVs that he decided that he didn't need to consider contractors at all, even for a "start tomorrow" role.

tim

Comment

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
        No. You'll be too busy trying to meet your personal development targets in time for your next appraisal.
        And don't forget to complete the TPS report - did you get the memo?
        Best Forum Advisor 2014
        Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
        Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Working...
        X