• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Permie Interview This Afternoon!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Permie Interview This Afternoon!

I'm not selling out! I just need to ride this recession wave and see where it takes me. I'm not too sure I want the role, but I've only worked 12 weeks this year and need to keep monies coming in, if I don't get it I will be worried but I won't be bothered, there's always the next contract (wherever that is)

Anyone else having this problem? would you go perm for a role that is 10 mins away or contract on a role that pays more 200 miles away? I know there are the usual aspects on travel, accomodation etc, but what about actually enjoying what you do? I've always thought that as a contractor, you get on and do the job, and that you aren't paid to like it, so I just get on with it. The role I'm interviewing for ticks all my boxes for lifestyle, family life etc, but the money is pap and the job is pretty boring (ATM)

If I do get it then Byeeeee for now 'cause I'll Be back (possibly) probably!
    Who has time? Who has time? But then if we do not ever take time, how can we ever have time?

Good luck. Most permie roles turn out to be temporary anyway, so you'll be back at some point. Just show your new company how great the contractors are at their job - then they may change to hiring contractors instead..
    Speaking gibberish on internet talkboards since last Michaelmas. Plus here on Twitter

Comment

Yeah do it. THe most important thing is that you can pay your bills. I love contracting, but I have been permie for jsut over a year, in honest I hate it, but its allowed me to further my career to levels that would not have happened when I was contracting. Maybe another 12 months, then hit the Contracting market again at a higher level.

Comment

Originally posted by JoJoGabor View Post
        Yeah do it. THe most important thing is that you can pay your bills. I love contracting, but I have been permie for jsut over a year, in honest I hate it, but its allowed me to further my career to levels that would not have happened when I was contracting. Maybe another 12 months, then hit the Contracting market again at a higher level.
        Fair play.

How old are you JoJo?

Comment

Contracting is over rated.

Permie is one only 1 month away from a contract.

Comment

If there was a good paying permie job near home, I'd take it and try to get some new skills out of it that would make me more marketable as a contractor in the future.

Take the money and come back when the market is better....
            Best Forum Advisor 2014
            Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
            Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by Clippy View Post
              Fair play.

How old are you JoJo?
              32 - why?

What are you wearing?

Comment

Originally posted by JoJoGabor View Post
                32 - why?

What are you wearing?
                Do you have a webcam?

Comment

Originally posted by stingman123 View Post
                  I've only worked 12 weeks this year
                  Me too, although I've been in contract all year,
                  Rule #76: No excuses. Play like a champion.

Comment

Originally posted by Xenophon View Post
                    Me too, although I've been in contract all year,
                    Bazza gets caught
                    Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

Working...
                    X