• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Best currency for Latvia?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best currency for Latvia?

Anyone know the best currency to take when going to Latvia? The official one is LATs : but most prices over there seem to be in EUR too. I dont think I will get such a good exchange rate on LATs though.

Use your Debit card

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    Anyone know the best currency to take when going to Latvia? The official one is LATs : but most prices over there seem to be in EUR too. I dont think I will get such a good exchange rate on LATs though.
    Why don't you just use your Debit Card to draw the cash you need at the airport and pay for hotels and restuarants with your credit card.
    I stopped using a foreign exchange Bureau years ago.

Comment

Originally posted by Brussels Slumdog View Post
      Why don't you just use your Debit Card to draw the cash you need at the airport and pay for hotels and restuarants with your credit card.
      WHS

BP, please exit the 80's.
      "Condoms should come with a free pack of earplugs."

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
        My plan B takes me to the Baltic States. Local currency is used for all transactions except business transactions, as they tend to be in Euros. If you already have a load of Euros then take them. If you are not there for business then you will lose out by changing GBP into Euro and then local.
        "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by ThomasSoerensen View Post
          WHS

BP, please exit the 70's.

FTFY
          I'm sorry, but I'll make no apologies for this

Pogle is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
          CUK University Challenge Champions 2010
          CUK University Challenge Champions 2012

Comment

Don't they screw you on charges when you use credit or debit card abroad ?

Comment

Originally posted by Andy2 View Post
              invalidate your card

Comment

Originally posted by Andy2 View Post
                You can't avoid not being screwed but foreign exchanges are bigger screwers.
                You loose the most when you try to buy back your pounds. Holding on to euros is not a problem as you can always find a use for them later but holding on to currencies like LAT etc is a problem
                Don't use your Credit Card to draw cash as this attracts very high charges only use your Debit card.
                Use your credit card only to purchase

Comment

As I am going on my stag do part 2. I dont intend to take my cards out of the hotel : Riga can be quite a dodgy place.

Originally posted by ThomasSoerensen View Post
                  WHS

BP, please exit the 80's.
                  I dream of reaching the 80s. I am still stuck in the 70s.

Comment

Heroin.

See you, you ****. I'll cut you first...

Comment

Working...
                    X