• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

How Gordon can win the next election..?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How Gordon can win the next election..?

He hasn't a chance surely? Unless he magically finds a way to allow 10 million voters to win the lottery 3 weeks running...

I think they'll go for the fear factor. Think there's a lot of unemployment and carp paying jobs NOW? Wait until the Tories introduce their cuts and plunge the economy into a death spiral. And your house price will plummet further... etc etc

At times like this I wish /i lived in Scotland
    Speaking gibberish on internet talkboards since last Michaelmas. Plus here on Twitter

Hmmm, perhaps they'll engineer some kind of national emergency and bring the Civil Contingencies Act into play.

Comment

Gordon will win the next election if enough people think that everything will be Ok and that the government will be able to pay off the national (Labours) debt by making efficiency savings of about 5% on services that do not matter.

In reality. They know that they have messed up. Yet again, and are currently floating the idea that going the the IMF is not such a bad thing. Utter t@ss3rs.
      http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/f...-IMF-cash.html

Which ever party wins, and by god I hope that it's the Conservatives (unfortunately) then they will have their work cut out trying to decide what to cut because it unfortunately is not going to be just efficiency savings. It will affect services that people use at the moment.

Hopefully enough people will understand that pain will be coming in the near future 2011/2012 and that it is best to just get it over with.

If we do go to the IMF then the bond prices will go up, it will be more difficult for companies based in this country to borrow and this will affect the recovery.
      Last edited by worzelGummidge; 28 October 2009, 10:42.

Comment

By wheeling out a picture of Maggie and anyone North of the Watford Gap will be putting X next to the Labour candidate.

Basically it's in the bag.

Comment

People on benefits and in council jobs will be scared of a Tory government... personal selfishness will triumph even if they agree Labour are screwing things up generally.
          Originally posted by MaryPoppins
          I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
          Originally posted by vetran
          Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

They would have to play the class card, but I doubt they could do even that credibly any more.

Comment

The only way Labour are going to win is if the Tories make some monumental cock-up between now and the election.
              Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

So let me see if I have understood the situation:

You can vote for the Tory's who are crap

Or you can vote for Labor who are even more crap.

Is that it??

PZZ

Comment

Originally posted by pzz76077 View Post

Or you can vote for Labor who are WAY WAY WAY more crap.

Is that it??

PZZ
                  Yes.

Comment

liberal democrats

Originally posted by pzz76077 View Post

Or you can vote for Labor who are even more crap.

Is that it??

PZZ
                    I won't be on the voters role so just asking
                    Are the liberal democrats crap as well?

Comment

Working...
                    X