• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Drinking yourself to death.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Drinking yourself to death.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/wales/south_east/8328727.stm

Sometimes you just can't win.

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
    "Christmas tree salesman" maybe he was bored
    Fiscal nomad it's legal.

Comment

Why would you drink 6 pints of water in 3 hours!

Comment

That was bad luck.

Wonder what prompted him to give the beer a miss after all these years??

PZZ

Comment

That used to happen with people overhydrating on ecstasy. Maybe still does for all I know.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
            Ho hum.
            Bit late though.

PZZ

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
              At least he'd have been happy if he'd pegged it on super strong lager.

A real bummer to die from drinking too much water.
              He must have been imagining the water was beer. No wonder he had liver problems 6 pints is binge drinking, 2-3 pint max.

Comment

I'm sure I've had 6 pints of guinness in 3 hours when I was younger.

There's a serious point to this (apart from cirrhosis of course) is that food propaganda can often lead to people avoiding salt at all costs and inadvertantly increasing the risks of heart failure or edemas, especially in the elderly, because they tend to drink less and are less acclimatised to hot weather, salt lost through sweat is not replaced. Their blood pressure rises, so putting added strain on their hearts.

This is a classic case of the government (normally through QUANGOs) making a statement like "salt is bad" and the law of unintended consequences kicks in and suddenly people stop eating salt, especially in hot weather.

Fortunately, processed food, breakfast cereals, marmite, takeaways contain lots of salt so it's normally ok for the masses.

JunkFoodScience

JunkFoodScience
                If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

Originally posted by Diestl View Post
                  He must have been imagining the water was beer. No wonder he had liver problems 6 pints is binge drinking, 2-3 pint max.
                  Are you qualified to make that statement?

Comment

Originally posted by Diestl View Post
                    6 pints is binge drinking,
                    Its not binge drinking if you do it every day...

Comment

Working...
                    X